Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dell Computers

Default Re: Dell Computers

Hi, you will as always in life get what you pay for. Most computer components now come from Asia, thanks to Aussie gas the quality of solder is now best in world. So the local PC shop is probably the best choice for the consumer, most brand name PC's are Asian built, Dell is probably the worst choice a consumer could make. We sell a system for $2500 + and will not sell anything for less, most consumers want the thing installed the internet configured and some detail regarding security taken care of, as well as the confidence to know that if you have software problems or hardware problems the people you are dealing with will know the answer. This is why even though we are $500 + dearer then our competitors we outsell them 10 to 1.

Banned

You sell 10 times more computers than Dell sell in nz?

Hi, well first of all we are not in NZ, ( Aust is the only market we are in close to you) and we do not consider Dell competition (although it should be mentioned we have rarely lost a sale to a Dell competitor) we sell specific designed systems for our clients, we consider other professional designers our competition. We spec the clients requirements and provide the appropriate hardware as well as software for the job, the source can be as varied as Ireland or North America as well as much from Asia.The point I wish to make is that if you want to have quality and service then you will need to pay for it. We offer both and have survived well even in the home market where a consumer could buy a Dell for $1000 however they decide the package we offer is better value even though we would be $1000 + dearer. All our staff are Comp Scientists or Engineers with experience and when you get your computer it's what we show clients they can do with it, and the confidence that comes from knowing no matter how they screwed up we can fix it. Our clients are given a comprehensive security suite and individual user manuals. Support is available at all times ... a warrantee is not needed, once you become one of our clients we will look after you for the life of our association.

Lets look at some pros and cons of the Dell.

Pro's.

They have huge marketing.
    They are built cheap, so sell cheap.
    You can turn off your brain, inhale the marketing, and buy one over the phone via an 0800 number.

Cons.

All those listed as pro's.
    A billion other reasons already covered a billion times.

To be truthfull you can do worse then a dell, But you would have to really try hard to do so, and you can do far better with next to no effort.

Dell and their customers are made for each other, Just like Hyundia, Hyosung, and Digitator.....
    better Dredd then dead

I don't know why people slag Dells, I've got one and it's great, and I know others that have them and have had no trouble either. I don't care where they are made as long as they work, and mine works fine thanks.

Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Fiwi
    I don't know why people slag Dells, I've got one and it's great, and I know others that have them and have had no trouble either. I don't care where they are made as long as they work, and mine works fine thanks.
    Wait until they are out of warranty and try to get replacement parts.....
    --
    Me pics

curmudgeon

Its the great NZ Knocking Machine Fiwi, anything that is successful in this country gets it.

And thats the biggest cop out ever, Poppy syndrome my naked arse.

Its redicules to think that the answer to the question of what to buy would be Dell just due to sales, expecially when the forum in question has a huge number of people who know better.
    better Dredd then dead

Thousands of people bought Trabants and Skodas too, and probably didn't have a problem for some time.
    Until they do.
    Here's a bit of reading:
    http://www.businessweek.com/the_thre..._dell_hel.html
    Thousands of people buy cheap chinese junk at The Warehouse too and are probably really pleased with it for its 2 week lifespan.
    Just because crap may still be going doesn't make it quality.
    And do you LIKE getting your 1 year more only if you pay for it warranty? When a lot of the components inside actually have a longer manufacturers warranty?
    And do you LIKE ringing Indian call centres rather than your local PC shop for support?

curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by pctek
    And do you LIKE ringing Indian call centres rather than your local PC shop for support?
    I can only go by my experience, I have never in 10 years of owning a Dell had any problem that has required me to call their help centre. Besides my local PC store is run by Chinese and are not the easiest to understand. Look I am not totally biased towards Dell I realise by hunting around I may find something locally that will offer to me what is marginally better value and performance, but you can't beat the speed and convenience of buying a Dell online and you do Know you are getting reasonable value for money.