Default Slow as Fatpost, overnight item arrived 1:30pm

Had it been NZ Couriers or CourierPost, we would have had it 8-9am. Fastpost must be the slowest courier service in the country.

Long time RTS Gamer

Default Re: Slow as Fatpost, overnight item arrived 1:30pm

... and the cheapest ... usually.
    You have no secrets on the internet.
    Be careful and vigilant. The internet should be considered like roads, avoiding an incident is better than trying to survive one.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiTT_NZ
    ... and the cheapest ... usually.
    It certainly isn't. NZPost is cheapest for smaller items and Posthaste for large.

Fastpost = NZ Post normal mail service (but faster).
    Fastway Couriers = Horrible courier company (which damaged my computer and refused to pay out).

Are you talking about Fastway Couriers or about Fastpost?? Also you have to be wary about where you live relative to the courier run - they have a set route which they take, which favours regular business customers.

Good point, I assumed Fastways as Courierpost is NZPost...Fastpost with NZPost as opposed to normal postage I would say doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

If it was PBT, overnight would probably take several days

Peripatetic member

I once used Fastways Couriers to move a computer from the North to the South Island.
    As I recall, it's actually a franchise, with individually-owned businesses in each town linked by a tracking system.
    I used them because I'd found them reliable & price=competitive in the Otago region.
    But I found the pickup requirements I quoted to the Dunedin outlet weren't complied with up north, resulting in the extra nuisance of phone calls & time spent.
    That was the fault of the northern operator, but the Fastways head office sorted it out for me.

Somebody's bad experience started no doubt with an individual operator.
    I'd be interested to know if the head office refused to help, or wasn't asked?
    It helps to know such things for the future.

Head office said that it was the individual branch's problem, and that I should sort to them. I even wrote then a letter (and sent by snail mail), to which they simply responded that since I'd signed for the package, I took all responsibility for any damage which occured. Both branches (Tauranga - sending, Napier - receiving) refused to even acknowledge any wrongdoing, so I eventually gave up after spending hours on angry phone calls, writing letters, etc. Couldn't be bothered pursuing it further as I knew they weren't going to budge unless I could get the media to express enough interest about it.

Quote Originally Posted by somebody
    Head office simply responded that since I'd signed for the package, I took all responsibility for any damage which occured.
    I worked for a place once that sent 10 PCs and 10 monitors to a shop.
    They were signed for at the other end but on opening the PC cartons all 10 of them were squashed.
    The boxes didn't show this apart from a bit of scuffing.
    They had been packed on the bottom of the freight truck obviously with who knows how much stuff loaded on top.
    The cases were pushed down, CD drives forced slightly out, 2 motherboards cracked, really munted. 4 still worked, 6 required avrious parts to be replaced, all 10 cases were stuffed.
    There was a very long drawn out fight for the same reason - it had been signed for. In the end we won.

As for Fastways, I sent a PC from here to Auckland the other week. Fastways wanted $75 and I don't trust them anyway.
    NZ Couriers wanted $75. This after quoting me less the first time.
    Posthaste charged $36.

Quote Originally Posted by pctek
    I worked for a place once that sent 10 PCs and 10 monitors to a shop.
    They were signed for at the other end but on opening the PC cartons all 10 of them were squashed.
    The boxes didn't show this apart from a bit of scuffing.
    They had been packed on the bottom of the freight truck obviously with who knows how much stuff loaded on top.
    The cases were pushed down, CD drives forced slightly out, 2 motherboards cracked, really munted. 4 still worked, 6 required avrious parts to be replaced, all 10 cases were stuffed.
    There was a very long drawn out fight for the same reason - it had been signed for. In the end we won.

As for Fastways, I sent a PC from here to Auckland the other week. Fastways wanted $75 and I don't trust them anyway.
    NZ Couriers wanted $75. This after quoting me less the first time.
    Posthaste charged $36.
    I got to the point where I simply couldn't wait for them to pay out to get the thing fixed, as I needed the PC (our sole PC at the time) for various work purposes - so I've since made an effort to make sure nobody tries to send stuff to me via Fastways.