Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Editorial Director

Default How will you spend your $3.25 Xtra refund? Should Telecom refund the whole month?

Leave your comments here (not on F1) and be in to win a copy of The Aviator, 2-DVD Widescreen Edition from our friends at Roadshow.co.nz.
    Last edited by Chris Keall; 19-05-2006 at 09:04 AM.

Long time RTS Gamer

Default Re: How will you spend your $3.25 Xtra refund? Should Telecom refund the whole month?

What a slow site I am still awaiting a response from my comments
    You have no secrets on the internet.
    Be careful and vigilant. The internet should be considered like roads, avoiding an incident is better than trying to survive one.

Default Re: How will you spend your $3.25 Xtra refund? Should Telecom refund the whole month?

How will you spend your $3.25 Xtra refund?

This is a problem, (decisions, decisions), that kept me up worrying about it last night. Here is my conclusion. The miserable $3.25 is not only an insult to Xtra's customers but an insult to your intelligence as well.

I have no doubt Xtra would like to refund the whole month but the poor buggers can't afford it!! After all, they have seen $millions wiped off their share price recently.

So please, please join me and help try to save this near endangered species, and give their lousy refund back to them.

BURNZEE
    Last edited by Burnzee; 19-05-2006 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnzee
    How will you spend your $3.25 Xtra refund?

This is a problem, (decisions, decisions), that kept me up worrying about it last night. Here is my conclusion. The miserable $3.25 is not only an insult to Xtra's customers but an insult to your intelligence as well.

I have no doubt Xtra would like to refund the whole month but the poor buggers can't afford it!! After all, they have seen $millions wiped off their share price recently.

So please, please join me and help try to save this near endangered species, and give their lousy refund back to them.

BURNZEE
    lol first post and a good one

i think their so called refund, is really, pathetic.

Telecom's current share price does not affect their coffers at all. The only people worried about the share price are the poor ma & pa investors. Share price has no bearing on the company earnings whatsoever.
    "Alright you primitive screwheads listen up...you see this? This is...my.....BOOMSTICK!!" - Ash (Army of Darkness)

Thanks Sboh, I do know how the stockmarket works but I'm just having a cheap shot a Xtra.

I disagree with your point about poor old ma and pa investor. This is not even close to the truth, the majority of Telecom shares are controlled by a few greedies from overseas. Telecom are victims of their own inability to build on a massive commerical advantage they once had.

When they took over, they inherited an old run down phone system. To their credit, Telecom at first, put investment into modernizing it. But somewhere, somehow, they got complacent, sat on their wallets and watched the money roll in. After all, they had goverment protection to their network.

Hell, tell me what other business in NZ in modern times has that sort of commerical advantage!!

For New Zealand's sake, this just couldn't continue. The writing has been on the wall for sometime and Telecom Management should have had Plan B sorted. Are you impressed with their pitiful response so far?

Even after the unbundled annoucement, Telecom was still pleading on how done by they have been. Took them a least 24 hrs to regroup and annouce they welcome the competition. Yeah, Right!!

I do feel sorry for ma and pa investor because it will effect these people most. However, for reasons explained above, ma and pa investor should be calling for Management heads to roll. By the way, three cheers for Slingshot's CEO calling for Xtra's top job. Great way to get free advertising and have another cheap shot at Xtra's expense but she better be careful she might actually get it!!

Yes, their share prices went up today, I don't believe this will ever reach pre- unbundlement announcement prices but rather some investors trying to get a few cheapies. After all, it will be at least eighteen months before Telecom have to front up.

Is Telecom a dead duck!! I don't think so, but time will tell.

Sorry for Hijacking this post.

BURNZEE
    Last edited by Burnzee; 19-05-2006 at 11:50 PM.

All ISP's experience outages, at least they are offering something. This specific issue is a storm in a tea cup.

The amount of attention this recent outage has obtained annoys me as, it is deferring attention away from the real issues at the moment which is TC entire DSL network performance, with 10,000's of users experiencing dial up speeds at night.

I am on Xtra broadband and will enjoy any refund however large/small it is.

What annoys me the most about Xtra is the big deal they made about Broadband being "cheaper"

Baldy

Burnzee, I agree with you 100% Telecom should be investing more heavily in infrastructure rather than sitting on a protected (and aging) network.

I still don't understand how a large ISP like Xtra can have an outage like this. Surely they should have some measure of redundancy built in to their systems. If a piece of hardware fails there should be a backup to take its place, right?

Sure every ISP has outages. But for the money Xtra is charging and the size of the company I expect redundancy.

I read in The Press over the weekend that an Xtra spokesman was blaming "people taking matters into their own hands" for causing helpdesk congestion. He was referring to people trying to reset their modems and then ringing the helpdesk when they couldn't connect. What a cop out!! He also said that resetting your connection was a complicated eight step process....gee I just unplug/replug the modem, reboot my pc and let it connect up.
    "Alright you primitive screwheads listen up...you see this? This is...my.....BOOMSTICK!!" - Ash (Army of Darkness)

Thanks SbOh,

Would just like to bring to your attention, guys and girls the neat little video about Telecom, someone did on the net and I found on another thread. Thought it might be worth mentioning here in case yah missed it.

Check out the Telecon Thread. Really funny and very clever.

BURNZEE
    Last edited by Burnzee; 22-05-2006 at 10:47 AM.