MTLance

Unhappy I got a problem opening this game 18 Wheels of Steel Pedal To The Metal

I got a problem opening this game 18 Wheels of Steel Pedal To The Metal. Does anyone have any idea how to solve it?

Here what it says on my screen,"We are sorry, but the operating system failed to provide the window to render the game graphics in. Please consult the game manual for known workarounds that might improve the game's compatibility with your hardware.
    I'm using P4 3Ghz Dual Core processor, 400GB+ of HDD space, 1.5GB space of memory, and running on WinXP Pro Service pack 2. Ah, yes my graphics card is ASUS Randeon 9550. Other games are running fine like NFS-Most Wanted, Crashday, JUICED, Evolution GT (Available in Europe), they are all running fine except 18 Wheels of Steel Pedal To The Metal.
    My graphics card driver is up to date.
    What should I do, I just bought this game over the internet.

Default Re: I got a problem opening this game 18 Wheels of Steel Pedal To The Metal

According to this site this error can come up, if hyperthreading is enabled. Disable HT.

Or see if there's a patch/update for it. And install it.

MTLance

Default Re: I got a problem opening this game 18 Wheels of Steel Pedal To The Metal

Thanks for the info but how do you disable the HT for temporary because I need the HT to run JUICED best on it. How? Thanks.

Well, u cant turn HT off temporarily. Its either on or off completely.

The option to disable / enable it will be in the BIOS somewhere.

If you disable it while playing 18 wheels, it will stay disabled, until you finish playing 18 wheels, reboot, and enable HT in the BIOS again.

MTLance

I'll try and thanks.

No worries. Well either disable HT, or see if theres a patch that fixes this prob.

From whoever made the game.

Cant you just use set affinity under processes to stopped HT?
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

Quote Originally Posted by SolMiester
    Cant you just use set affinity under processes to stopped HT?
    You could set it to 1 CPU, if you could get the game to run.

MTLance

Thanks Speedy Gonzales. I downloaded the new 1.3 Patch and it can run on my system now with HT and running fine thanks for that.
    18 Wheels of Steel PttM might be a boring game but I like 18 Wheels truck driving.

Good to hear its going with HT MT