Default Anybody had problems with Roxio.com logins?

Hi Team

I use Roxio's CD & DVD Creator V6 for copying/writing CDs and DVDs and it works just fine, but I want to download and install their updates and I've run into a brick wall.

Roxio's must be the most frustrating site on the planet, they appear to have lost my registration details and no longer recognise my email address, login or password though none have changed, (and yes, I keep them in a secure file so memory is not at issue) but the site won't let me reregister because they sure as hell remember the CD key when I enter it.

I managed to get the site to recognise a totally different email address (god knows how) so that I could use the "forgotten password" feature and got a confirmation that they had emailed a link to allow me to reset my password. The email didn't arrive so after several hours I tied again with the same result. I checked all my email accounts just in case!

I have since tried logging in as a new user in an area that is not associated with registration, but wouldn't you know it, the site rejects those attempts as well because it seems to be able to detect that I am in their database already and rejects my attempts. I can't remember off hand what the excuse was for that one but when I cool down I'll try it again.

Every path I follow to make contact with the site ends at a brick wall and they don't seem to have a simple "email us" option.

Has anybody else experienced difficulties on this site, or know a way of contacting them direct? I'm beginning to think that upgrading is not such a good idea!

Cheers

Billy 8-{)
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through my restraints!

Default Re: Anybody had problems with Roxio.com logins?

I used to have a login for them. BUT, after I installed SP2, it started creating too may errors / frisbees on my blank cd's lol.

So, I removed cd creator completely. And use Nero for everything.

I found out tho, if u have a firewall installed and running, it loops continuously.

When you go to download updates.

Until you turn the firewall OFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales
    I found out tho, if u have a firewall installed and running, it loops continuously.

When you go to download updates.

Until you turn the firewall OFF.
    Now, I think I recognise that effect Speedy, I thought it was just me clicking carelessly though. I'll kill off ZA and try again. I have a fully configured hardware firewall in my router anyway so it should be safe to run with ZA off. The only purpose it seems to have for me is blocking programs from calling home without permission.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

No worries.

I'm sure, it was, if u had a firewall, and if you tried to use a download manager.

As well.

Since, I'm on dialup and was then, and since the updates were usually big for CD Creator, I tried to use getright or other.

Which also made the Roxio site loop.

Thats one thing I could never manage to do (use a download manager program on this site).

I'll see if I can log on now. And see what happens.
    Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; 03-05-2006 at 08:45 PM.

Hmm tried it with my login / pw it worked fine.

With ZA running. I think I was running Nortons firewall last time I went to the Roxio site. So, ZA should be OK. I dont think its as "tight" as Nortons is.

Is there a specific update you're after Billy? Or do you want all of them???

I don't need to use a download manager Speedy, at least I don't think I need one. I don't download much (I live comfortable inside a 1GB cap) and I am on full speed Jetstream. I get 350+kbytes/sec download most of the time, though it does slow down a bit at high contention times.

I'm going to try again with ZA off and see if I can escape the loop! Watch this space.........

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

OK, if u cant remember ya pw, or get no response from Roxio (if you're going to wait). Let me know. I'll give u my login / pw. If u like. Just dont change the pw!

Since I'm not using any Roxio programs on this atm....And the login atm works (for now), and lets me download.

Thanks for the PW offer Speedy, but your advice did the trick!! It was ZA that was blocking it, and in fact all I needed to use was my email address, the one that I managed to sneak through their tangled web earlier today so that got around the logon/password problem nicely.

I was after the Engine update first, followed by the Creator Classic Update. I don't know if there are any more that I have missed, they seemed to be the only two. I don't really want to go back to look again., but I suppose I had better, in case I missed something important.

Thanks again

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

No worries.

Good to hear you got it fixed there Billy !