Thread: Azureus

Question Azureus

Hi I'm using a program called Azureus. I have set my firewall up to open the ports on both TCP & UPD. I have opened 6881 TCP & UDP and 49152 TCP & UDP. Is there anything else i need to change or add to make the download more affective. When i run the program wizard it says I have a NAT problem. I have looked at the help website but it's all over my head I need it explaining in simple terms because I don't know all the terminology.

Default Re: Azureus

I think that could be a bug in Azureus as I have opened up all the ports etc and get the same message, but not all the time.

Trevor

Computer Tech

Why have you forwarded 2 ports? Azureus defaults to 6881 but it is recommended to change that to something else. I have mine set to 16881 TCP & UDP.
    Don't know what the other port is you are forwarding??
    Once you have forwarded port 16881 TCP & UDP to the IP address of the machine that is running Azureus, open Azureus and do the NAT test on port 16881 and it should work. If not then you may have a firewall program that is blocking the port. Are you running WinXP SP2?

Lightbulb Re: Azureus

I have done this but what is meant by the IP address of the machine that is running Azureus. When setting up the port in the firewall there is a button to change the scope. What should that be set on.
    i am new tothis so all the help as simple as it may seem would be good

Thanx

Computer Tech

Are you on broadband? If so what make / model router do you have?

Yes I'm on slingshot broadband and i have the d-link DSL-302g modem from when i initially signed up with telecom. I have been into the settings for the modem and found an IP address but from there but i'm wary to change anything because i don't really understand what i will be changing

Elite

try these instructions

although you probably have the one with the god awful telecom firmware - so it will look different.
    --
    Me pics

Followed the instructions and azureus is runnning with 3 green lights at the bottom for the first time ever and I've had my first green smiley face.
    Another query i have is when I'm running Azureus i find it very difficult to use the internet at the same time. Sometimes it works and most of the time I have to shut azureus completely down the be able to surf to net.

Thanks for the help on the first problem much appreciated

Elite

Quote Originally Posted by craig190
    Followed the instructions and azureus is runnning with 3 green lights at the bottom for the first time ever and I've had my first green smiley face.
    Another query i have is when I'm running Azureus i find it very difficult to use the internet at the same time. Sometimes it works and most of the time I have to shut azureus completely down the be able to surf to net.

Thanks for the help on the first problem much appreciated
    What you want to do it limit the uploads that people can have to something like 12 kilobytes/s. If your uploads get sucked up people grabbing data off you your connection will go to the crapper.

Also limit your downloads (although with Telecom I doubt that will be a problem).

Read the wiki . Limiting the total number of connections is also a good idea..
    --
    Me pics