Gigabyte LGA775
    G5 looking Case with Enermax Noisetaker 485w ATX12v v.2.0
    1GB ddr2 Dual channel
    XFX Geforce 7600GT
    2 Dvd drives
    320GB
    Zalman Heatsink/Fan
    2 80 mm Fans

A week ago I added a 120mm fan to the outside of this case(on the side) http://www.epcbuyer.com/products.asp...ase-qtec-14452 screwed it to the bottom vent, the fan is pluged to a 4pin cord. I didnt didnt have time to test it until the next day to find out that my computer wont turn on, no lights, no fan movement, monitor is black but asks about monitor connected? when i unplug it from the PC. I dont know why there is a problem because theres a 80mm fan in the fan rack in the case plugged into a 4pin cord too, which ran fine.
    People tell me its the PSU(485w should be plenty of power to support a extra fan thats 120mm right? ), motherboard or both. I searched the net and read about shortcircuts, and using anti static bags. Which at the time i was sitting on carpet when installing the fan but would any of this be related to the computer not turning on I need to find out why it wont turn on, whats causing this and whats the solutions. It will be Greatful if someone teaches me hows the right way to install a fan.

Default Re: Computer Wont Turn On

Adding an additonal fan shouldn't cause a power supply problem with a PSU of that rating. Chances are you have knocked loose some cables inside the case. Check that all cables are firmly attached, especially the motherboard power supply cable.

Welcome to PressF1 as well.

Dumbass Guru

On the back of the computer there is often a main power switch, did you turn this off and forget to turn it back on?

At the very least your fans should start when you press the power button. Unplug the addional fan and then try again.

Quote Originally Posted by funni_gum
    Enermax Noisetaker 485w ATX12v v.2.0

A week ago I added a 120mm fan to the outside of this case(on the side) http://www.epcbuyer.com/products.asp...ase-qtec-14452 screwed it to the bottom vent, the fan is pluged to a 4pin cord. I didnt didnt have time to test it until the next day to find out that my computer wont turn on,
    Its an Enermax so its not the problem.

Make sure the molex connectors are in properly - all of them, not just this new fan. They can be not quite in sometimes.
    Check the main power cable is in the MB properly, also the extra power connector to the MB, and also the 6 pin one to your graphics card - if it uses one. Most do now.

http://img96.imageshack.us/slideshow...2317412w2.smil 6 pics, i can give more if requested. do u see something connected wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by pctek
    Its an Enermax so its not the problem.

Make sure the molex connectors are in properly - all of them, not just this new fan. They can be not quite in sometimes.
    Check the main power cable is in the MB properly, also the extra power connector to the MB, and also the 6 pin one to your graphics card - if it uses one. Most do now.
    extra power connecter? does it come with hte mb psu or are u talking about fan cord?

I sort of noticed when i plug the power cord to the socket, than turning on the switch on the back of the PSU my lamp lights dim for like 1/4 a sec, even with only PSU MB 2ram sticks and cpu fan pluged in it wont turn on

I have a spare 300wat Compaq PSU, its for my amd 1.2 GHz can it be used with my system? I just want to try out if its my PSU

:bump: i need help pleasee

Sounds like not enough power getting to the computer, have you tried unplugging the lamp light and testing? Could be an overloaded powerboard.

Also try it with less things connected to the power supply, try it how it was before the fan was connected to it, it could be a power supply that doesn't have enough power or the capicitors are dying on it. I use to have a 500W power supply which showed signs it was dying when it randomly didn't pick up my hard drive, eventually it died, have you had any known problems?

Cheers,

KK