Thread: Printer

Question Printer

I have a microsoft window 2000 and my printer is HP3845. I think someone has uninstalled. I have tried to re install it but it is asking for the installation disc but I dont have it. Is there a way of doing it? I have also tried to install it manually but on the list of computers there is no PH3845 on the manufacturers models. Please help.
    fkapepa

Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

Default Re: Printer

Had the same problem with a new(?) setup a friend wanted for his system...he wanted 2000Pro, and I could not get a driver for the same printer, try as I might to download one. Then I had a great idea.

I just shut down, unplugged the printer, rebooted, ran a few minutes doing other things, shut down again and replugged the printer into the port, and re-booted. Then I let the wizard "find" the new hardware and it was up and running...then went to Windows update, clicked on CUSTOM and got an updated driver from M$.

BTW: don't click the little balloon away when the wizard finds a new piece of hardware...it will probably corrupt the installation. Just let the ballon go away itself. I have clicked them away prematurely in the past and had troubles with the installation. I just leave them alone now and things work better.

Warum werden wir so früh alt und klug so spät?