Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default do vodafone do this ?

my monthly free minutes with telecom tick over on the 3rd. I rang telecom to confirm this and they told me that if the tick over date is on a weekend they do not go back to zero until the next working day. ie if the 3rd is a saturday I have to pay for all calls (assuming free off peaks minutes are used up) until monday when my free minutes go back to zero.

Does anybody know if this is the case with vodafone or is it just another example of telecom scooping those extra pennies off all - reminds me of richard prior ion superman 3 stealing all the 1/4 cents floating around in the banking system and then buying a ferrari with the the profits !!

Y'arrr

Default Re: do vodafone do this ?

Quote Originally Posted by jonp
    my monthly free minutes with telecom tick over on the 3rd. I rang telecom to confirm this and they told me that if the tick over date is on a weekend they do not go back to zero until the next working day. ie if the 3rd is a saturday I have to pay for all calls (assuming free off peaks minutes are used up) until monday when my free minutes go back to zero.
    I doubt this is the case, the person at Telecom probably didn't understand the issue.

This'd be stupid even for them.
    There are no such things as ghosts, only clumsy ninjas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ninja
    I doubt this is the case, the person at Telecom probably didn't understand the issue.

This'd be stupid even for them.
    Apprently this is the case ! I went through it several times with the person on the phone and she even discussed it with her manager and reassured me that this is the case. I explained that is dumb and asked whether this is because it is a manual procedure and even went on to suggest that telecom switch to the same sotware as vodafone to allow the roll over to happen on when required.

Happens to me too. Go on a plan with more minutes if you need more minutes. You don't get ripped off because of this at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roddy_boy
    Happens to me too. Go on a plan with more minutes if you need more minutes. You don't get ripped off because of this at all.
    I think you are missing my point there roddy_boy. The point I am making is that if your minutes are to roll over on the 3rd then they should irrespective of the day.

And yes you are ripped off by this when it happens. If on the odd occasion you use your 400minutes on the saturday evening that you are entitled to the next batch then you are forced to either not make the call or to pay for them at whatever the rate is or wait until the monday for your free minutes. Telecom are charging you for something you are entitled to.

Minutes are allocated per "billing month". My months have always ended on different working days ie not the same number.

Regardless of what day of the week the month ends, the minutes should zero out. Anything else is a possible breach of your agreed terms and conditions unless it is there in writing that they don't.

I'd take it up with Telecom and go past the first few levels of supervisors until you get a proper answer. You probably haven't even talked to Telecom yet, just contracted call-center employees working to a script.

I had a rather odd problem with the expiry of airpoints last year and as soon as I got past the first two or three levels I was out of the call centre and talking to an AirNZ person.

My problem was then fixed. All previous persons had told me it was "policy" or "couldn't be fixed"

Cheers

Billy 8-{)
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through my restraints!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Billy T
    Regardless of what day of the week the month ends, the minutes should zero out. Anything else is a possible breach of your agreed terms and conditions unless it is there in writing that they don't.

I'd take it up with Telecom and go past the first few levels of supervisors until you get a proper answer. You probably haven't even talked to Telecom yet, just contracted call-center employees working to a script.

I had a rather odd problem with the expiry of airpoints last year and as soon as I got past the first two or three levels I was out of the call centre and talking to an AirNZ person.

My problem was then fixed. All previous persons had told me it was "policy" or "couldn't be fixed"

Cheers

Billy 8-{)
    Billy - you and I speak the same language.

jonp, before you get too churned up, does your month always end on the 3rd or does the date vary to avoid weekends?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD
    jonp, before you get too churned up, does your month always end on the 3rd or does the date vary to avoid weekends?
    Paul, I was informed by Telecom that the roll over date is always the 3rd (number) irrespective of the date - which is why she explained to me that if it falls on a weekend etc etc etc.