Default Jetstream PLUS users about to get knee-capped?

I am currently on the XTRA Jetstream PLUS product which is the old Jetstream product (used by early adopters) with 256Kbs upstream and then throttling at 10GB.

Cost is $59.95 monthly.

My big concern is that I will lose my upstream speed (as pitiful as it is) and I wonder if Telecom can do this? Or will we be upgraded to the new $79.95 Plan? Somehow I very much doubt this.

Either way it appears that Jetstream PLUS users and I repeat the words - early adopters (which also means those of us that have supported this bunch of crooks since day one) may end up getting shafted one of two possible ways - reduced upstream capabilities or the loss of throttling upon reaching monthly cap .

I wait with baited breath to see if the Telecom PR machine are going to publicly acknowledge that some of us are likely to be disadvantaged.

In a 1920s time warp Terry Porritt's Avatar

Default Re: Jetstream PLUS users about to get knee-capped?

I don't understand, you are being robbed

For that price you should be on the 'Adventure' plan, 2Mbps, 10GB.

http://jetstream.xtra.co.nz/chm/0,51...203090,00.html

Look what you have been missing!

Edit: OK forget that, I see you say UPSTREAM
    Remembering Rich Conaty, 1954 - 2016....."and don't you never forget, rhythm saved the world, Aloha"

Imathome > what download speed do you have? ( & are you on this plan( I think it’s the full speed one) that is no longer listed on any telecom websites,)

Quote Originally Posted by stu161204
    Imathome > what download speed do you have? ( & are you on this plan( I think it’s the full speed one) that is no longer listed on any telecom websites,)
    The download is 2MB and 256Kbs upstream - capped at 10GB then throttled. It was originally the top line residential plan. Then it was no longer offered when UBS came in and the upstream speed reduced for new (so called) broadband users.

Quite a clever (if somewhat misleading) bit of "positioning" on Telecoms part IF they are doing what I think they are doing. They are simply crippling broadband so it cannot be used effectively and to its potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Imathome

My big concern is that I will lose my upstream speed (as pitiful as it is) and I wonder if Telecom can do this? Or will we be upgraded to the new $79.95 Plan? Somehow I very much doubt this.
    There is this one:
    Pro $79.95 10GB 3.5Mbs 512kbs
    If you can live with the 2c charge for going over your data limit. You could ring them and ask them to be changed to it instead.

Or join a different ISP...