Default Does anyone here use Sonic MyDVD LE with DLA?

Hi,

When I put my films onto disc (data disc) I usually drag and drop into it. This way is quick, BUT less drives can read the DVD. Thats wat it said on the 'Help' thing. And, also, theres this thing called 'Make Compatible', and it kinda closes the DVD so that more Drives can read the DVD, but I wont be able to add any more data to it. On the Sonic software, theres this 'Finalize' option, which I think is exactly the same.

My, question is: 'Wat is the difference between 'Make Compatible' and 'Finalising' the disc?

My second question is: By the method 'Data Disk', Wat is that basicallly? Cant u just drag and drop?

Thnx =)

Default Re: Does anyone here use Sonic MyDVD LE with DLA?

Don't know what make compatible means, but it sounds like it does the same thing as finalise.

Finalising means u can't add more files to it.

I dont use Sonic (I think the CD is here somewhere tho). I use Nero.

I've heard of people not finalising an audio cd tho, but not a DVD. ( some programs may finalise a DVD anyway).

Data disc, well in Nero anyway, (there's an option in Nero for creating data disks), I would say it means files you've downloaded (exe files that u normally install, like Opera/Firefox etc).

In Nero u "add" files to the cd u want, then finalise it, if u want, then burn.

Something called Mount Rainier also lets u drop and drag.

BUT 1:

The burner usually has to support it. (Quite a few cd burners do, cant say I've seen a DVD burner that supports Mount Rainier yet).

And 2:

Not many OS's support it, but Linux does natively, as it says on the site above.

I thought in Nero, u burn and it automatically finalises the CD? I thought u had no choice? Guess Im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto28
    I thought in Nero, u burn and it automatically finalises the CD? I thought u had no choice? Guess Im wrong.
    Ah nope. If u do a data cd in Nero (thru Nero Express), the option appears after u "add" whatever files.

Its called allow files to be added later (multisession disc). If this option is ticked, it leaves the cd "open". So u can add to the cd later.

If this option is unticked, then it'll finalise / close the cd. So, you can't add anymore files to it.