Default Playtech Riot Box101

I am to be purchasing a new computer next month probably. I am getting it for playing games. This one that seems to be the most likely is the Riot Box101. It has a Sparkle 6800GS, 200GB hard drive, 1GB memory, DVD writer, and a Athlon64 3500+ processor. It is $1800 including GST. Is this the right computer for a good price as far as playing games go? Or are there better options than this? It does not come with a monitor or keyboard/mouse, so this will be exta money.

Default Re: Playtech Riot Box101

Very simillar to what Im pushing as a well priced game rig

http://tradef1.co.nz/item.php?item_id=315 for the sake of comparison.
    better Dredd then dead

I was thinking about getting a 17CRT monitor for it instead of a LCD monitor, because they are only half the price. I heard that LCD monitors are not as good for playing games anyway because of a slow response time. PBtech510 gaming machine is $2000+GST with a 17inch LCD monitor. It has a ATI 256MB X800VGA video card, but I thought that the 6800GS card was better than this.

Regarding LCD's, They all Ghost,blur to some extent, Just that everyone has different thresholds for picking up on it. I personally dig the way LCD's display games and would take one over a CRT anyday.
    better Dredd then dead

Yeah, when I got my new pc, I got a 19" CRT, but after looking at a few 19" LCD's in the Playtech shop, I wish I had got an LCD. Maybe next christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Tucker
    This one that seems to be the most likely is the Riot Box101. It has a Sparkle 6800GS, 200GB hard drive, 1GB memory, DVD writer, and a Athlon64 3500+ processor. It is $1800 including GST. Is this the right computer for a good price as far as playing games go?
    What games? BF2, FEAR, HL2 sort of games?
    I personally wouldn't get anything less than a 6800GT. Not a GS.
    And get 2Gb of rma if you can afford it.

the GS sits just below the no longer produced 6800 Ultra in performance, and keeps pace with no worries at medium resolutions, 1024x768,1208x1084.

After reading up on them last night I ordered one for myself today, along with a 3500,a new mobo and new case. Infact Im building myself exactly as I have listed in my link above....

The price of the GS compared to its performance can't be touched.
    better Dredd then dead

Quote Originally Posted by Metla
    the GS sits just below the no longer produced 6800 Ultra in performance, and keeps pace with no worries at medium resolutions, 1024x768,1208x1084.

After reading up on them last night I ordered one for myself today, along with a 3500,a new mobo and new case. Infact Im building myself exactly as I have listed in my link above....

The price of the GS compared to its performance can't be touched.
    Yes ofcourse! For the price, my thinking was that the 6800GS is the most obvious choice by far.