Default The drive that this file or folder is stored on does not allow long file

"The drive that this file or folder is stored on does not allow long file names or names containing blanks or any of the following characters...."

I got the above error message when trying to rename a long file name. I thought it only happens in Windows xp or something, but I am running Windows 2000. What can be done to have longer filenames. Merry Xmas and thanks.

Default Re: The drive that this file or folder is stored on does not allow long file

Are you sure its the length and not that you are using the non-permitted characters?

Default Re: The drive that this file or folder is stored on does not allow long file

Quote Originally Posted by pctek
    Are you sure its the length and not that you are using the non-permitted characters?
    Yes, I am sure, but it has corrected itself after I format the unallocated partition also. Probably that has something to do with it. Anyway it seems to be ok now that I can name a long file name. Thanks.