Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Ok who's doing what for xmas?

I am patiently waiting for the arrival of “Danger man” at my DVD shop, listed at their web site it is $180 but it appears that was one they imported for another customer, and now they can source it locally for $130, I will feel much better when I know I can use some of my holiday pay to pick it up,

Because the only thing worth watching on TV on Christmas day is the Queens message and that says a lot about the rest of the line up.
    Last edited by Eric; 18-12-2005 at 07:28 PM.

My boss has insisted that I get all the essential work done by Christmas day, then I must do the books and accounts.

This means that I will be working up to and during Xmas. Some of the work has to be done on Boxing Day and the day after day as well, that in itself involves 6 jobs with a travelling distance of 1,200 kMs.

I will be having a chicken sandwich for Xmas lunch ....

At least 2 of the above 3 statements are true.

I will be woken around 9.30 am by soft music, sunlight will be streaming through the window, Mrs Metla will enter the room with Toast, eggs,Bacon and steaming hot coffee.

After completing my breakfast Mrs Metla will give me a shoulder massage, then I will soak in the bath for a couple of hours.

After a light lunch of exotic fruits and cheese we will retire to the yaucht and make a casual trip to a secluded bay, cast out the line for a spot of fishing and then have an evening meal on the top deck.

As the sun goes down we will lay under the stars drinking wine.

As the sun rises the next morning we set off for a week long trip down the West Coast of the South Island....

Or, My boy will wake me about 6am by climbing onto the bed and either dribbling a good 3 litres of fluid onto my face, or whack me in the head with his favourite book. Then I will get up, Watch him open and disgard all the presents I paid far to much money for and which have a life expextency of a week if he bothers to play with them.

Then we will have a procesion of family memebers visit us all morning, and I will be contemplating if it would be too rude to just ignore them and get on the computer.

For lunch its off to Mrs Metla's parents, and I will be contemplating wether it will be too rude to just ignore them and have a mess around with their computer instead.

In the later part of the afternoon we will be off to the old boys, By then Metla Jnr will be on his 50th tantrum, Mrs Metla will be stressed and I will be sick to death of the entire carry on.

Luckily my old boy ignores christmas, All my brothers will be their, and the fridge will be stocked full of beer.

Yes...BEER, Sweet sweet Glorious beer.
    better Dredd then dead

Haha, Metla. SOunds realistic to me.
    I vote for messing with the computers.

Luckily I don't get afflicted by all that sort of carry on.
    And my son may wake up dribbling but it would be on his girlfriend, hahaha.

And I have been known to leave everyone to it and go mess with my computer...

Going up north to my family's bach for xmas (which we celebrate on xmas eve), then on xmas day driving back to Auckland to spend the day with my partner's family. Few days later we have a friend's 21st, then we're flying down to Queenstown to see the new year...

Looking forward to all the driving around! (not)

By the way, merry christmas to all of you!
    What's going on? I don't know. Do you?

The usual present ripping ritual will commence early, with me trying to manouver the video camera to capture all the action without cutting myself out of the frame (note to self: must get a tripod this year).

Xmas lunch is at our place this year so it'll be all hands on deck for the rest of the morning at least. I'll fire up the BBQ and get the lamb on, the turkey will go in the oven and spuds etc cleaned up and in the pot ready to go. The wine/beer/spirits will probably be cracked open fairly early to reduce the stress levels a bit.

Afternoon will be a lazy affair round with the "olds" (about 5 mins up the road), where I'll probably spend my time filming some of the mayhem before sitting back with a few cold ones to finish up the day.

Talking Re: Ok who's doing what for xmas?

Personally if i was going to celebrate anything, it would be the solstace on the 22nd, or perhaps my friends birthday on the 25th, or perhaps the official changeover of the year, which somehow manages to miss both the seasonal thing, or the jesus thing.

As my friend is celebrating her birthday and new years by going away, i'm avoiding the whole thing by house sitting in the country for her! Yay!

Computer Tech

Finish work on Friday for at least 2 weeks

Got a mates 30th that night so lots of drinking to be done

Out to Langs Cove on Saturday to spend Christmas with my family (see Caffy's post above) so lots of drinking to be done

Back into town on Christmas day to have lunch with wife's family so lots drinking to be done

Don't know what I will be doing for the rest of the 2 weeks or new years eve but my brother is coming up from Christchurch so lots of drinking to be done

Sold our house so will be drinking to that as well

Charlier Member

Having a few drinks with my girlfriend named compaq.. (minus the drinks) hehe?

Have Xmas lunch at daughters', 50 metres along the road from here.

Try to not overeat

No alcohol.....not interested in the stuff.

Give grandchildren presents........all envelopes this year which takes the stress out of what to buy them ( and they seem to prefer a money gift to something they dont really want)...except the 2 yr old who is getting a Bob the Builder front end loader set.

Enjoy the most peaceful day of the year in Whitianga before the hordes descend on us from Auckland to carry out their traditional pagan rituals for the following 3 weeks.

If the weather is good might go on a Xmas Day bike ride for a few hours to lose some of the extra calories.