Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Casual Gaming PC Specs (Casual Gaming, Internet, Music & Movies)

So here I am guys, the real question I want answered. What should the specs be for a "CASUAL GAMING PC", used for casual gaming, internet, music and movies?

I am going to leave the 'Value PC' Thread alone. This is what I want answered. Please include the brand names etc please. I Thank you for all your help !
    "Though shall not pass"

Check out my Desktop!! :

http://zahmad.deviantart.com/art/Cer...etish-77810446

Default Re: Casual Gaming PC Specs (Casual Gaming, Internet, Music & Movies)

Intel Celeron 1.2GHZ, 20GB Hard Disk Drive, Windows XP Home SP2, 120MB Ram, Integrated Graphics, AOC 15" CRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon
    Intel Celeron 1.2GHZ, 20GB Hard Disk Drive, Windows XP Home SP2, 120MB Ram, Integrated Graphics, AOC 15" CRT.
    With what I have, I can only play games as good as Age of Empires II, that's the best it can do , that's why I ask!
    "Though shall not pass"

Check out my Desktop!! :

Wanderer

Like previously. AMD 3200 Athlon 64, 1GB DDR. SATA II drive any size you like and a DVD-RW if inclined. Nvidia 6800 GT or GS PCI Express card, get this chipset, make or brand of the card does not matter. Mobo no idea, try ASUS, there are ones for around $200 and supports all the latest features but perhaps no SCSI onboard or Soundblaster onboard

You don't need 2 HDD but 2 is ok if you wanna use RAID. Not needed thou. Or you can consider Western Digital Raptor HDDs in SATA II (if such a thing).

Good RAM brand like Kingmax, Kingston, Crucial or Corsair. Good PSU like Antec or Enermax. I am in the stage of replacing the PSU or PSU and the case cos my cheap one blew up in 1hr of turning on for that particular bootup. I didn't have anything exotic, just one HDD, one FDD, one CDRW and a all in one motherboard with no video card. RAM and PSU is the most impt IMO, they should be the foundations for your structure of ur computer.

They call me David... The_End_Of_Reality's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Casual Gaming PC Specs (Casual Gaming, Internet, Music & Movies)

well I am the same, looking for a computer I am going to build it my self and these are the specs I am looking at:

Sparkle 7800GTX
    AMD Athlon 4400+X2 (going to overclok it to 4800+ equiv)
    DFI Lanparty SLI - DR nf4
    2Gb A Data RAM
    Raidmax Cobra case Black with 420W PSU
    Logitech X - 530 5.1 surround speakers
    all this for around $2500 - $3000

(almost my dream machine )

(I have all other parts like mouse, keyboard, screen, HDD)

But I would suggest 300Gb SATA Seagate
    The new Logitech G7 Mouse
    Not sure on others.

HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's a harddrive you idiot!

He said "Casual" gaming.
    Motherboard

Asus A8N-E PCI-E, Dual Channel, NForce 4, 2000MT/s FSB
    CPU AMD 64 3500+ Socket 939
    RAM 1Gb Legend DDR400
    Hard Drive Seagate 200Gb sATA
    DVD Liteon16x Dual Layer
    Floppy Standard 1.44"
    Case Thermaltake Soprano 400W PSU Silver
    Graphics Legend 6600GT 256mb PCI-E
    Modem 56K Fax Modem
    Keyboard MS Keyboard & Mouse Combo
    Speakers Creative XE222 2.1
    Operating System Win XP Home
    Monitor AOC LM726 17 LCD

or similar....

Thanks guys. I'm looking for a pc specs similar to what pctek has suggested, and thank u nomad for your great explanation. The_End_Of_Reality, yours is what I want as a dream gaming computer, but I don't have that much money, and don't have the time to play so much games ! Thanks for your help.

Anyone else, who wants to share his great knowledge with me?

P.S. You guys are the best!
    "Though shall not pass"

Check out my Desktop!! :

I just got a ATI X600 XT (128MB) in my new computer and it seems ok so far, not that I have tested it as such, but I ran UT2004 on 1680 x 1050 with all the settings on full and it didn't seem to lag or anything (other specs 2.1GHz G5, 512MB DDR2 RAM etc etc etc), so anything equal to or better should satisfy a casual gamer.

Is there any site where u can compare any graphics card ever made with each other?

Is there any difference in performance between a 6800gs and a 7800gtx and a 9600XT?
    "Though shall not pass"

Check out my Desktop!! :

They call me David... The_End_Of_Reality's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zahmad
    The_End_Of_Reality, yours is what I want as a dream gaming computer, but I don't have that much money
    well it is also my dream machine and I don't have much either, but I am working very hard down the road at a building site assisting in laying pavers, its hard work but it will all be worth it

With the 6800gs I think it is last generation, (I might be wrong), the 7800GTX is this generation and there has been a large leap between this gen and last gen, although I do not know about the ATI 9600XT.

Try Google
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's a harddrive you idiot!