Thread: ?

Breathing Legendô

Default ?

hi im plannin to be a computer systems technican, and am doin courses at AMes institiute next year in Auckland, is there any scripts for windows XP that i can learn to use well (logon scripts and stuff) while the computer is not on a network? i never made scripts and im sure i will in the future as they say practise makes perfect

maybe a profile delete script like the one at my school? or run exe programs on logon? anything like that. i know how to network but have one PC that works.

Any help would be great

Default Re: ?

I believe that a lot of the software/settings deployment at your school is probably done via group policies pushing it out to the PCs when they login.

There is a script I've come across, called kixstart, though I'm not too sure how it works (and I've never used it myself).

Breathing Legendô

yes, the script at school is stored on FS1 (file server 1) i am the ONLY student with full unrestricted acess to the network.

is there any good site i can go to to get an idea on how to formulate scripts for non networked pcs?

Do a search in google or yahoo for whatever the name of the script is called.

Such an informative thread title....

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

?