Thread: Ihug ADSL Plans

Default Ihug ADSL Plans

Been considering swapping over to Ihug 10GB + 10GB plan $49.95 But had two answers to the same question. At the moment with Xtra if you go over your 10GB you will soon be restricted to dialup speeds

Question I put to Ihug is. If you go over your 10GB limit between the hours of 8am and 12 midnight will it go back at full spend between 12 midnight to 8.00 am??? After you have been restricted to dialup speeds between 8am and 12 midnight.

One of there Sale Staff said Yes when I rang yesterday, meaning you will go back to full speed between 12 midnight to 8.00 am. When I rang back today another Sale Staff said No you will still be restricted to dialup because you went over your 10GB between 8am and 12 midnight. Does anyone know the answer to this question??
    Last edited by Annanz; 01-11-2005 at 02:13 PM.

Default Re: Ihug ADSL Plans

Well as it says on the Ihug site

Data allowances

Your data allowance is the amount of data you can download during the month. Your peak data allowance is counted from 8am to midnight and your off peak allowance is counted from midnight to 8am. Our plans have a range of data allowances so you can choose the one that suits you best.

And we don't count uploads in your data allowance - they're free! If you do reach either of your data allowances you just surf at 64kbps during that time period for the rest of the month - so you don't need to worry about excess fees.

Not talking about data allowance. Talking about do they have the ability give back your 2mbps speed if you have not used up your allowance between 12 midnight and 8am.

If they restrict you’re to dialup speeds between 8am and 12midnight do they have the ability to unrestricted your speed between 12 midnight and 8am. When rang up Sale department one person said they do give back your 2mbps speed another Sales Staff said the complete opposite. He said, if you use up your allowance between 8am and 12 midnight they don’t have the ability to unrestricted your speed between 12 midnight and 8am.

Meaning you will be on dialup speed even if you still got 7GB left on your allowance between 12 midnight and 8am
    Last edited by Annanz; 01-11-2005 at 06:52 PM.

man of many hats....

<Sarcasm>

Dear Ihug Unlimited User ,

Don't worry! We're changing your account even thou you probably like the plan you're on. If you happen to use more than 20GB of data each month just bend over and we will help overselves to and extra $40 a month, or for the same amount as you’re paying you can go as slow as a modem or a ¼ of your current normal speed, or 1/32 of your new speed.
    Just imagine at 2mbps how fast you’ll be able to use your new *beep* 20gig limit at 8 times your current 256kbps speed.

We think you’ll like the experience of going 8 times faster for 3-5 days, and then spending the rest of the month going 4 times slower than you do at the moment.

We look forward to selling you a higher data limit, probably an extra $20 a first, for the 40gig account.

Bend over and up yours.

The team at Ihug.

</Sarcasm>

This bandwidth on Aardvark was supplied to you by Ihug.

I had been an Ihug customer for 9 years, I got the email at 4:41pm, rang ihug around 5pm confirmed that they are indeed shafting us - and then switched to Orcon unlimited 256/128, same deal as what I've been on with ihug same $49.95 with tolls. Only hassle is the 14 days for Telecom to arrange the switch.

So don’t worry unlimited ihug users Orcon still loves you…

"If you are looking for our 256Kbps flat rate plan we are still offering it. It is now called BitStream Unlimited. You can still download as much as you want every month, and not have to worry about excess usage charges. Just click on the price square of the plan below to order it. The free modem and install deal still applies to these plans also.

http://www.orcon.net.nz/products/bit.../256unlimited/

I was hopeful that NZ might get offering simlair to overseas when I read this a few weeks back

Internet faster, cheaper by Xmas
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/st...ectID=10349994
    blar blar blar..
    "With the speed throttles and pricing restrictions off, ISPs would be able to offer a wide variety of broadband services, said chief executive Ernie Newman. "

and

"Using current technology, resellers will now be able to offer download speeds of up to 7.6 megabits a second - more than 130 times faster than dialup and 30 times faster than most basic broadband offerings. It is also about 3.5 times faster than Telecom's top residential speed. "

I thought great, maybe we'll get tiered speed services differentiated by how much you're prepared to pay for that speed.

something like
    $39.95 256/128
    $49.95 512/256
    $59.95 1mbps/512
    $69.95 1.5mbps/768
    $79.95 2mbps/1mbps
    $89.95 etc..

all the way up to the 7.6 megabit speed

speed / price ratio with no data limits…
    not same speed with stink data limits

Dear Ihug,

My data usage (in gigs) is
    Nov 65.235
    Sep 30.121
    Jul 95.1
    Jun 106.905
    May 104.483
    Apr 38.595

20 just isn’t gonna cut it, so comment censored

Love.... (Orcon user. - Well probably in about 5 days…)
    Do we ever grow up or just learn how to behave in public?

Like your idea with speed limit vs price

$39.95 256/128
    $49.95 512/256
    $59.95 1mbps/512
    $69.95 1.5mbps/768
    $79.95 2mbps/1mbps
    $89.95 etc..

Would drop down my speed to 1mbps for $59.95 for unlimited downloads but can't see it happening any time soon.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

I too go through as much. Im still on their bliink lite unlimited plan. 256kbps down, 192kbps upload for around $69.95 per month i believe.

I do 70 gigs a month, so it makes sense to go to the 80gb plan right!? But its cost sooo much more?

And I too had the same question, so Im kinda confused. If you ever get a decent answer, let me know.

I have a friend who works there, I might ask her and see if she can find out
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro