Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

Default Yes, but will it correct for the new time change?

Will PC World etc correct the GMT values when we change our clocks here in most of the US tonight?

I mean, will I still be GMT-7?

We set our clocks back one hour tonight.

............and does this mean that NZ is closer or farther away now? Youse guys keep moving...but the advance seems to have stemmed some as the "Official" site clock has been fairly close to accurate lately. Only 2 minutes off! A new performance record!

......so confused!

Warum werden wir so früh alt und klug so spät?

Default Re: Yes, but will it correct for the new time change?

Quote Originally Posted by SurferJoe46
    Will PC World etc correct the GMT values when we change our clocks here in most of the US tonight?
    I think vBulletin will pick that up & change your time as need be that is if
    User CP > Date & Time Options > DST Correction Option: is selected to "Automatically detect DTS settings"

I find it fascinating how countries work which have several time zones. I mean, if you live right next to a time zone border, and then drive down the road into the next time zone, how do you work out if you are coming or going? Must be difficult if you work in one time zone yet live in another

Quote Originally Posted by Jen
    I find it fascinating how countries work which have several time zones. I mean, if you live right next to a time zone border, and then drive down the road into the next time zone, how do you work out if you are coming or going? Must be difficult if you work in one time zone yet live in another
    I agree with you there Jen

I think maybe it is easyer to understand than say "how does the Government work"

Quote Originally Posted by clocks
    We look FORWARD to summer, but we must go BACK to winter

On the trip I took last week to deliver the household goods to a couple in their new home in Utah,

1) I left California on PDST (Pacific Daylight-Saving Time) driving thru Las Vegas, Nevada on the same time,

2) entered Arizona on AST (Arizona Standard Time...they refuse to use the DST mode at all),

3) and then entered Utah on another timezone (MDST or Mountain Daylight-Savings Time) - one hour ahead of the rest up to that point.

So, in less than 500 miles (Imperial, 5280-foot long miles?) I had to contend with three different time zones.

And today the clocks were all set back 1 hour to make the timezone here PST or Pacific Standard Time. Arizona and maybe a couple of other states don't change...but they thumb their noses at the feds anyway.

Youse guys got it easy.

"Spring ahead, Fall behind"

In a 1920s time warp Terry Porritt's Avatar

The important thing to remember today with these clock changes, is that Rich Conaty's The Big Broadcast program that broadcasts from Fordham University WFUV, New York on Sundays from 8.0pm to 12 midnight can now be heard in New Zealand today, Monday 31 October at 2.0 pm NZ DST through to 6.0pm.
    Remembering Rich Conaty, 1954 - 2016....."and don't you never forget, rhythm saved the world, Aloha"

you amaze me

Many years ago when we lived in Australia we lived in Sydney. We went on holiday to S Australia and drove back. On the day we crossed from S Australia to Victoria (different time zones) one or the other also changed to/from DST. We had no idea what the time was, and actually had to stop at a shop and ask someone.