Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: msn virus removal-HERES HOW TO REMOVE THE LATEST MSN "wow" virus

Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    The message will be one of the following:
    LMAO, this is freaking me out!!
    looooooool....check this out !!!
    Automessage : download the new MSN update here!
    rofl, this ownz!!
    Hej, you already updated your MSN?
    Get the new MSN Messenger here :
    Click here if you want more MSN emotions:
    w0000t, you have to check this out!
    lmao, this roxXxX!!
    wow wow wow.....you have to check this out!!!
    The person who did that was a true genius, I mean talk about going for the target market. That could fit the standard speech patterns of nearly everyone on the MSN Messenger client. Killing English I say. Oh well.

Banned

the virus removal tool works all u stupid people out there that think my fixes don't work. the name of the virus is called W32/Chode-F virus. there are NO official removal tools for it. THe file link i put for download is a ZIP file and there is NO .EXE files in it. IF u open WINZIP classic there is a hosts file and a TEXT file in it. If u OPEN the text file(USE WINZIP'S INTERNAL TEXT VIEWER IF U WANT) it will tell u how to MANUALLY remove the virus.

So all u stupid out there that think the fix doesn't work u should feel bumped out and embarrassed cuz the fix DOES WORK.

The site that I got sent to has been taken down. It wasn't hard to see the file was a virus, but I downloaded it anyway & opened it in noteapd to see if there was anything interesting in it. The only readable text was calling you a n00b. If someone still has the file, you should run it through a resource hacker & see if there is anything else interesting in it.

The message I got sent was:
    wow, this is you? [Edit: URL removed]

[Edit: even if that website which loads the virus is now down, I do not think it is safe to have that link displaying incase the website has not been permanently taken down. Don't want to inadvertantly cause any infections from curious link clickers ... - Jen]
    Last edited by Jen; 29-10-2005 at 01:47 PM.

huh? so lance4k's removal thing was a virus or something itself? calling people a noob?

No. lance4k's thing is just a text document telling you how to remove the virus & a custom hosts file that blocks a heap of nasty stuff.

The actual MSN virus had the noob message in it, but I don't know how you are supposed to see the message normally - the guy that sent me the link didn't know his computer was infected, so it would appear it doesn't pop up a message telling you that you are infected like I assumed it would.

Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

Is this another reference to the wowexe.exe thing I asked about on this post: http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthr...ght=WOWEXE.EXE

I have since found out that it is the Magnifier and On-Screen Keyboard toggle that I accidently clicked on and came up in the taskmanager.

It never was a real trojan or malware thing and I have since toggled it off and it doesn't appear any more.

My start-up and posts are all going better and faster now that I have it turned off too.

Warum werden wir so früh alt und klug so spät?

Banned

Lightbulb Re: msn virus removal-HERES HOW TO REMOVE THE LATEST MSN "wow" virus

very sorry about the obvious lateness but... for people interested or who still have problems, theres a neat little tool you can use to remove these pesky msn viruses automatically, within seconds at a site which my brother frequently maintains and updates: http://www.**Removed -- Spammer**.com
    Last edited by Chilling_Silence; 12-02-2008 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsa View Post
    very sorry about the obvious lateness but... for people interested or who still have problems, theres a neat little tool you can use to remove these pesky msn viruses automatically, within seconds at a site which my brother frequently maintains and updates:
    Yay! Finally a solution to a 3yr old problem. Whew!
    Last edited by Chilling_Silence; 12-02-2008 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Just removing the spammers URL..
    All the technology and software in the universe is useless when the end user has the IQ of a sack of hammers.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Good thing we weren't holding our breath waiting for that solution... 3 yrs... I would be quite purple indeed
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Sounds like a load of manure to me. Win 98 doesn't have system restore, and why would this person want to tell everyone on here how to get into safe mode? Almost as if he's only just discovered how to do that and does he think we're all that stupid to click on a link of his?