Default ACDSee photo manager problems

I am a user of ACDSee, the version I use is really great. I use v3 because I have read of problems with later versions. But recently I bought v7.0 It is fantastic - really good but difficult to use. However if I try to save it anywhere else for a backup then I am in trouble. Using the export and import function just doesn't do anything. And if I try the backup command it deletes most of the changes I have made to the files, let alone allowing me to have access to it elsewhere.
    Their website admits problems. Not being able to backup the photographic files is ludicrous - I have gone back to my beloved version3.0 Now I wonder has anybody solved this problem - and how did they do it. I still have v7 available.
    Tom

Default Re: ACDSee photo manager problems

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas01
    I am a user of ACDSee, the version I use is really great. I use v3 because I have read of problems with later versions. But recently I bought v7.0 It is fantastic - really good but difficult to use. However if I try to save it anywhere else for a backup then I am in trouble. Using the export and import function just doesn't do anything. And if I try the backup command it deletes most of the changes I have made to the files, let alone allowing me to have access to it elsewhere.
    Their website admits problems. Not being able to backup the photographic files is ludicrous - I have gone back to my beloved version3.0 Now I wonder has anybody solved this problem - and how did they do it. I still have v7 available.
    Tom
    By the way, ACDSee 8 is out. It has a lot of the problems you mention fixed

Default Re: ACDSee photo manager problems

Thanks Deaddybear. I have downloaded a trial of v8 of ACDSee - but even more problems. I found that like v7 it is unable to follow its own instructions to import *.ion files and you have to change the instruction to read descript.ion
    Then it needs watching - the box to look at lower level folders has to be checked of course but it still fails to work on my computer with certain folders. Even when I select individual folders on their own it still fails to import some of the descript.ion files
    I have decided both v7 and v8 are useless to me - I hate loosing information I have spent years putting in the older version.
    I asked for my money back. The response and silence has been deafening.
    A pity such a basically terrific program is being ruined.
    Tom