Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A Game for the Meglomanic in us all

http://www.nationstates.net/

The idea being that your the head of a small country, and you get to set it up as your idea of utopia, then you are presented with a daily issue that must be resolved, Each and every desicion you make shapes how your country grows, You may be headed for a strong economy and a happy populace or Anarchy on the streets and finicial ruin.

The game is text based and obviously slow paced with only one thing happening every 24 hours but its pretty interesting to see how ones own ideas turn out when implemented, The game also has a stong thread of humour running through it, and I get the impression once you get futher into it the Nations can enter into war against you.

My country

The United States of Metla

The United States of Metla is a small, economically powerful nation, renowned for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 18 million are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.

The enormous, corrupt government is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Education and Defence are on the agenda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 23%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Beef-Based Agriculture.

It is illegal to make racist remarks in public, wet ***** are considered a delicacy, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, and political activists are routinely executed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Metla's national animal is the wet ****, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the fish.

Metla is ranked 2688th in the region and 54,279th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments.

Most Recent Government Activity: 7 minutes ago

Civil Rights:Good
    Economy:Thriving
    Political Freedoms:Rare
    better Dredd then dead

Talking Re: A Game for the Meglomanic in us all

The Incorporated States of Huata is a tiny, devout nation, remarkable for its strong anti-business politics. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5 million love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 52%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Woodchip Exports.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Huata's national animal is the moa, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the pipi.

Default Re: A Game for the Meglomanic in us all

The Republic of Lagbort is a tiny, economically powerful nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.

There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales industries.

Crime is a major problem. Lagbort's national animal is the naked mole rat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
    Q6600 @ 3.33GHZ | Asus P5K Premium Wifi/AP | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800gt 512mb | ~1Tb HDD space

The Colony of Taffers United is a tiny, devout nation, notable for its burgeoning burrick population. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The medium-sized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Religion & Spirituality, with areas such as Social Welfare and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 14%. An almost nonexistent private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.

Crime is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Taffers United's national animal is the burrick and its currency is the gold nugget.
    My shutdown application

Call me Angel Nob Bobstickles. The baking vending builder who can't fix it.

The Empire of Greg The Overlord is a tiny, pleasant nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5 million are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 10%. A substantial private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Cheese Exports and Trout Farming.

Crime is moderate. Greg The Overlord's national animal is the siberian tiger and its currency is the grandular.

My country is here
    Last edited by Greg; 01-10-2005 at 12:49 AM.
    Bugger the cancer. I'm suffering from terminal inertia.

Only just joined the game and already been spammed by a couple of idjits.

So just a word of advice - ignore the... um... [seriously bad word goes here].

[edit] The "hello" from Bob_doe wasn't a spam - it was cool to get your message.
    Last edited by Greg; 01-10-2005 at 01:19 AM.

Moi? Spam? I think not
    Heres my country
    Last edited by bob_doe_nz; 01-10-2005 at 01:32 AM.
    My shutdown application

Call me Angel Nob Bobstickles. The baking vending builder who can't fix it.

I think I'm going to like this game!

Tree Finker

The Rogue Nation of Mischiefs is a tiny, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed population of 5 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 30%, but much higher for the wealthy. A substantial private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Pizza Delivery and Basket Weaving.

Crime is moderate. Mischiefs's national animal is the rarely-spotted owl, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the miscreant.

Here's my nation

Hash Slinging Slasher

The Holy Empire of PhpbbOlympus is a tiny, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 5 million are known throughout the region for their efficiency and work ethic, as well as their general suspicion of leisure.

The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 23%. A large private sector is led by the Uranium Mining, Retail, and Basket Weaving industries.

Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. PhpbbOlympus's national animal is the furry and its currency is the php.