Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Help Stop Noisy Cars

Discriminating against the young is an excellent time honoured past time, Honed to a fine art before music becaume talking about being a scumbag, kids started wearing their pants half down due to fashion and 20kg muffler's were bolted onto Mada 323's.....to make them louder.
    better Dredd then dead

Charlier Member

Its not that bad really when you think about it reminds me of the people on this forum. we have our computers which we spend all day on and money on improving them via more powerful cpu's, gpu's and making look better with fans and neons, they have their cars they spend all day in and use ther money on improving them via turbos, cold air intakes and making them look better with kits and neons... no diff really.....

Charlier Member

Oh and we go to lan parties and compete/show off our great computers/game skills, they go to the track/drag train and compete/show off their great cars/driving skills....

Thumbs down Re: Help Stop Noisy Cars

Quote Originally Posted by jackrulz View Post
    Oh and we go to lan parties and compete/show off our great computers/game skills, they go to the track/drag train and compete/show off their great cars/driving skills....
    Many also treat every inch of public road as a race track. The petrol head mentality costs lives. Their noise affects the quality of people's lives in their homes and virtually everywhere they go.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrulz View Post
    Its not that bad really when you think about it reminds me of the people on this forum. we have our computers which we spend all day on and money on improving them via more powerful cpu's, gpu's and making look better with fans and neons, they have their cars they spend all day in and use ther money on improving them via turbos, cold air intakes and making them look better with kits and neons... no diff really.....
    Cars make more noise than computers. Noisy ones drown out conversations and stop people sleeping. They are in your ears nearly everywhere you go. I think enforcing standard exhausts make more sense than issuing us with rocket launchers to solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive_5000 View Post
    Sorry cant support that, my car has a moderatly noisy exhaust and thats the way I like it
    What about the people that like to sleep and enjoy their surroundings without you antisocial indulgence?

Ah, reducenoise ... you are aware of how old this thread is that you are replying to?

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Ah, reducenoise ... you are aware of how old this thread is that you are replying to?
    And to think i just spent 5 minutes of my life reading this thread... only to read the post at the bottom last

An armchair, from where I instantly become an expert on all things

LOL

anyway, i always find it funny seeing cars with exhaust tips so it looks like they have a decent muffler, but you can still seethe standard tip within it

and apparently many car modders forget that engines are tuned for a certain amount of backpressure, and that by adding larger exhaust pipes it can be detrimental to performance.

and what about all the ****box $500 cars with huge chrome mags?
    sad really, either save up and get a decent car, or spend that money on mags on a sport bike instead, even a 250cc will burn any boy racer car out there. hell even an fxr 150 will beat a sport car to the next set of lights
    When it comes to computers there is a difference to what you need and what you want, the former being less than half the price of the latter.

lets not promote those gripsticks to get on bikes, We dont need em giving us a bad name, Besides, NZ already has thousands of tossers on bikes.
    better Dredd then dead