Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Help Stop Noisy Cars

Default Re: Help Stop Noisy Cars

Isn't that what road-rage is for?

Anyhow.

At one time I borrowed my sisters car for a week, it had a noisey exhast, pretty quite untill you got up in the revs a bit then a god awful howl would emit from it.....Embarssed the hell out of me....
    better Dredd then dead

Sorry cant support that, my car has a moderatly noisy exhaust and thats the way I like it
    I believe no problem is so large or so difficult that it can't be blamed on someone else.

Pedant and proud of it

A large potato shoved in the exhaust pipe when it's stopped will be a very effective silencer. (Some of them will need a very large potato.)

im sick of all the boy racers, with cars like an inch off the ground, load exhaust, and the blow off valve, its fully stupid, and then they just drive around in circles the whole day or night, not cool.

then you get those young kids goin woah thats a wicked car and all it is, is some mitsi evo, inch off the ground, loud as anything , then a bmw drives past, now thats a car!!

The cars they drive are like walking down the street naked,covered in dayglo paint,wearing 3 top hats stacked on topof each other, carry a trombone and yelling at people "Look at me, Im a Goose"

Muhahahahahaha.

Did I mention my younger brother has a car thats pretty much sits onothe ground(seen him caught between 2 judder bars once), has a set of mags on it that cost more then my entire car, body skirts and wings that could have come off a 747 and that million dollar paint that changes colour depending on the angle you view it on. Match that up with the black tints and boot full of subs and you have something aproaching a boy racer demi-good.

No shame.
    better Dredd then dead

Elite

yeah break out the noise guns - more $$ for the police anyway.
    The police should be able to impound them and then fine if they have been modified.

It is a problem on some car models though, they are just noisy.

I always laugh when you hear blow off valves. Why not just attach sirens and lights

I thought my car was bad being low, when I forgot about a metal parking stop bar in front and already had the front wheels over it.

How about a "boy racer website of shame"...

Quote Originally Posted by gibler
    How about a "boy racer website of shame"...
    http://www.ratemyride.co.nz

hmmm, i some what tend to agree to an extent, but then again, v8s etc are about as loud, i hate rotary engines though, but i fully support the car audio industry of nz, its amazing the technology involved with car audio. When i finally get off my arse and get a car, i will do the norm and lower it on 17's and 18's, have the boot full of subs (although not your standard car audio subs, more like $1500 subs, and thats not including the monoblock amp), yes i will have the normal exhaust but whether its for looks or for noise, im not sure, my intentions are for a day to day setup which is also a show car, these cars which you ***** about are their passions, just like an middle aged mans v8, all it really is, is age discrimination

what annoys me is a lot of exaust systems are being designed to be noisy. they are NOT designed for performance. some mufflers are tuned to increase the volume of certian noises.

also a lot of blow off valves are designed to be loud. its quite funny watching them drive a car that has an over sized BOV fitted, the car's are laggy and slow.
    Tweak it till it breaks