Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC Tech

Default PC Tech

I hope this is not out of order but I have a PC with some issues and need to have it looked at but the place I have been dealing with has a "front" person, a tech. superviser and at least 1 tech. If I want any info it has to go down the chain and is then relayed back. As my current issues with another nearly new PC have options available, does anyone know of a repair person who knows what he is doing and will talk to the client. I am in the Wairarapa but prepared to travel north or south within reason.

Default Re: PC Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Nalla
    I hope this is not out of order but I have a PC with some issues and need to have it looked at but the place I have been dealing with has a "front" person, a tech. superviser and at least 1 tech. If I want any info it has to go down the chain and is then relayed back.
    Ask to speak directly with the techy
    You'll get far more sense out of him/her than the dripfeeds at the front counter
    As my current issues with another nearly new PC have options available, does anyone know of a repair person who knows what he is doing and will talk to the client. I am in the Wairarapa but prepared to travel north or south within reason.
    Don't understand this, it's a bit confusing can u clarify?
    I haven't spoken to my wife for 18 months - I just don't dare to interrupt her.

Hi Nalla

I am fairly new to Carterton and when my computer collapsed in a heap I tried the local shop Computer Maintenance Services, in High Street. Roger is the technician and he is available in the shop to talk over any problems.

I found him okay for what I wanted and would go back to him again in future. Maybe you could try him and see what you think.

Smithie

That is embarrasing gibberish I wrote. I was trying to seperate this PC from the other problem PC I have written about. The first PC is on it,s 4th Gig MB in 12 months and the assemblers are trying their best to negotiate a settlement. Because of the ongoing problems I bought a 2nd PC with a Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe which has now blown the chip fan. A known (not to me) problem, Asus have sent me a new chip fan but it is bigger and different so I wanted someone to fit it for me plus a couple of other minor things but I also wanted to discuss options of a aftermarket fan. Somewhere else than from the 1st shop who must I think I am jinxed. .l
    Last edited by Nalla; 02-09-2005 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Might be taken wrongly

The first PC is on it,s 4th Gig MB in 12 months
    does that mean its on its 4th gigabyte motherboard in 12 months? if so i have heard of a certain model range which have been dieing very quickly. change it to another brand.

otherwise if your chewing through motherboards look at the PSU and case cooling.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Is it a "GA-7N400 Pro"?
    I haven't spoken to my wife for 18 months - I just don't dare to interrupt her.

Either way I would be investing in a new PSU and a UPS......
    better Dredd then dead

well the ones that i heard that where dieing are p4's and yours is AMD.

someone hasn't been trying to overclock and running into the "can't reset the MB back to default" problem the eary nforse2 boards had??

otherwise try to find WHY its dieing.

what symptoms did the pc have?
    Tweak it till it breaks

That is embarrasing gibberish I wrote. I was trying to seperate this PC from the other problem PC I have written about. The first PC is on it,s 4th Gig MB in 12 months and the assemblers are trying their best to negotiate a settlement. Because of the ongoing problems I bought a 2nd PC with a Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe which has now blown the chip fan. A known (not to me) problem, Asus have sent me a new chip fan but it is bigger and different so I wanted someone to fit it for me plus a couple of other minor things but I also wanted to discuss options of a aftermarket fan. Somewhere else than from the 1st shop who must I think I am jinxed. .l
    Some of the A8N-SLI Deluxes had problems with the chipset fan. ASUS does send a new one. Did they send it direct to you? I got a replacement too - although I haven't needed to change mine as yet) and its not bigger.
    The have discontinued the Deluxe and are now supplying the Premium instead which has a heat pipe cooling arrangement instead of the fan.

I got 2 sent seperatly from Asus (from different people) and they are both the same. 20% bigger, dble sided tape on the back and no screws where the fan on the MB has 4 screws, one in each corner. I will detail shortly the Gig. MB saga.

Quote Originally Posted by pctek
    Some of the A8N-SLI Deluxes had problems with the chipset fan. ASUS does send a new one. Did they send it direct to you? I got a replacement too - although I haven't needed to change mine as yet) and its not bigger.
    The have discontinued the Deluxe and are now supplying the Premium instead which has a heat pipe cooling arrangement instead of the fan.