Thread: pxt sending

Somewhere ......... near here....sometimes...near there too.......

Default pxt sending

Numerous times i have sent photos to people, and found later on that they have not recieved them?
    This is on my Hyundai phone, i have not actually tried sending them to hubby to see if they work, but it always tells me its sent, but does not show up in sent messages. so wheres it going?

Ive sorta misplaced my phone manual so am not sure where and what im doing is correct or not? but send pxt and it should go just fine should it not?

it is posible the phones im sending it too cant accept them for some reason?

beetle

Default Re: pxt sending

Quote Originally Posted by beetle

Numerous times i have sent photos to people, and found later on that they have not recieved them?
    This is on my Hyundai phone, i have not actually tried sending them to hubby to see if they work, but it always tells me its sent, but does not show up in sent messages. so wheres it going?

Ive sorta misplaced my phone manual so am not sure where and what im doing is correct or not? but send pxt and it should go just fine should it not?

it is posible the phones im sending it too cant accept them for some reason?

beetle

Up until a few days ago, sending pxt between networks was not possible but I heard it will soon be available. If you are sending pxt to 027 non-camera phone then they get a text type message with a url and username & password to view the photo online.

Y'arrr

Lots of pxts get marked as spam. Get them to check their spam folders. (assuming they are being sent to e-mail addresses)
    There are no such things as ghosts, only clumsy ninjas.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Yes. Not all phones on 021 can receive Pxts. You cant pxt an 027 from 021 phones + you cant pxt 021's from 027.

PM me and i can give you my Cell # if you want to test sending. I send/receive no worries
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Y'arrr

Quote Originally Posted by Chilling_Silence
    Yes. Not all phones on 021 can receive Pxts. You cant pxt an 027 from 021 phones + you cant pxt 021's from 027.
    Doesn't appear to work at present. I got the Telecom product release for it over a month ago and it's still no go as far as I've tried.
    There are no such things as ghosts, only clumsy ninjas.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Same. Im on 021. Tried sending to a mates 027 phone about a fortnight back before realising she was 027. No joy
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Somewhere ......... near here....sometimes...near there too.......

Oh well thats the prob then, im 027 and they are 021......

Didnt realise anything was amiss before you guys said this, was thinking a pxt is a pxt is a pxt, and all phones, 021, 025, 027, 029 are ok but obviously not.

Thanxs guys, wasnt aware of this, and maybe lots of others arent aware of this ether?
    interesting to find this out when most new phones have all bells and whistles including pxt and then not being able to use it? sounds like a M$ trick...lol

beetle

Talking Re: pxt sending

Quote Originally Posted by beetle
    Didnt realise anything was amiss before you guys said this, was thinking a pxt is a pxt is a pxt, and all phones, 021, 025, 027, 029 are ok but obviously not.

beetle
    I remember when txt messages between 021 and 025 had issues............

Me thinks they all be bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by personthingy
    I remember when txt messages between 021 and 025 had issues............
    Haha yeah back in the days when txting wasn't even invented too!! Vodafone sure did well back then to start it up in NZ.

I don't think pxts always send, I've sent pxts from my Samsung N391 to an identical phone on the same network, and sometimes they just don't recieve it. Bear in mind also, that some phones (and sometimes email addys) cant accept the slide show format used when sending multiple pics in one pxt (MMS). Also, some aspects of MMS, eg voice recordings or animations, will not work very well on phones of different types due to the format of the sounds/animations etc.

Aaah.. just remembering when pxting was free on 027 at the end of last year when it first came out, and how it turned out not to be quite as "free" as they advertised.. heated discussions with teleops over that one!!

cheers,
    roddy

Oh

MY friend showed me a bill about 13 years ago.Back then it was like $20 for 10 thousand free off peak minutes a month.Lol..Now its like 200 free minutes off peak.Awww
    Corsair Carbide Series® 500R,Intel i5 2500k,P8Z77V-Pro, 12GB DDR-1333MHZ ram, Asus DVD writer, Radeon Sapphire r9 270X 3GB , Windows 8 -64 Bit