Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 025 Cell Phones

morgenmuffel

Default 025 Cell Phones

greetings all

As the 025 network is apparently about to bite the dust, telecom have a free upgrade offer
    see here

My Wife has an old 025 phone (currently charging up so I can see if it is still connected), as does my mum both of these were brought from the warehouse i think in my mothers case she was told that the phone would never expire (Connection i think) anyone tried upgrading their phones,

and the other thing is how do i find out the phone number of a an old nokia phone, as we have moved twice since wifey upgraded to a vodafone phone and neither of us can remember the number it's a nokia 918p? if that helps

Cheers Nigel
    Morgenmuffel - This word needs to be a part of the english language, in fact you should use it in everyday conversation

man of many hats....

Default Re: 025 Cell Phones

Is the phone still connected to the network.
    Ie can you ring your own phone with it?

if thats the case I can tell you how to find out its number.
    Do we ever grow up or just learn how to behave in public?

I didn't realise the 025 network was nearing its end. Both my parents have old Warehouse 025 mobiles. Just tried out their numbers and while my Dad's mobile is accepted for the upgrade, my Mum's isn't (think it hasn't connected to the network for sometime). Might try connecting it, and then see if the number is accepted as being active again.

Does the mobile with the unknown phone number still work? You could phone another mobile (or someone with caller ID) and grab the incoming phone number that way.

Ring a phone with caller display.

morgenmuffel

Yep

I just rang my other phone,

obvious wasn't it

But apparently i'm not eligible

seems strange if the phone works which this one apparently does,

I didn't answer the phone call but if it made my other phone ring, it must still be connected

might be time to ring up and grumble

Thanks
    Morgenmuffel - This word needs to be a part of the english language, in fact you should use it in everyday conversation

Talking Re: 025 Cell Phones

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel
    anyone tried upgrading their phones,
    My friend got a free upgrade on her 025. text messages sent to 025 xxxxxxx got diverted to 027 xxxxxxx, allthough the calls got a voice telling you the number has changed....

The upgrade was free, and i have no idea how long the diversions will last for.
    She has not used the 025 alot, so clearly upgrades are being offered to more than just heavy users.

They've been doing that for ages. The 025 disappearance was imminent then too. Tried to make my partner lose his 025 phone two years ago. He rsisted as they weren't offering him a free phone then. Eventually they gave in and gave him the new phone. He's been complaining ever since. (Range, volume, too many features etc etc)
    His old one was a Motorola brick. Still in the cupboard, still working.

Thanks Nigel. We have two old 025 Warehouse phones in our cars just in case we break down -living rural. I have just completed the offer and both have been accepted for replacement with new Nokia 2280 phones which should arrive in 3-5 days. Only the initial figures have changed in the phone numbers - 027 instead of 025 and, as previously stated, all calls to the old number will be redirected for twelve months. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by pctek
    They've been doing that for ages. The 025 disappearance was imminent then too. Tried to make my partner lose his 025 phone two years ago. He rsisted as they weren't offering him a free phone then. Eventually they gave in and gave him the new phone. He's been complaining ever since. (Range, volume, too many features etc etc)
    His old one was a Motorola brick. Still in the cupboard, still working.
    Well I got my fathers old Erricson KF778 (025) which still works but is not connected. And my old hyundai Hg-310 (027) Smellycom wont do any of those hand in a phone for credit thingys so I will not let them have it.

Edit:
    MUAHAHA I just did the $10 credit for the sign-up a new mobile. My mobiles different but the numbers the same nothing like ripping off telecom
    Last edited by bob_doe_nz; 20-08-2005 at 07:59 PM.
    My shutdown application

Call me Angel Nob Bobstickles. The baking vending builder who can't fix it.

lol when boost had this split a hundy thing, there was a fault in the system and you could add any random number that hasnt done that $10 survey. i entered lots of random numbers and i ended up with 300 bucks all for free

muhahahah