Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vodafone 3G

Default Vodafone 3G

Hi! Just to show what a nerd I am, finally got my first videocall through the Vodafone network today. Works great!

Not too sure how much NZ pricing/min is, but a 1min video call to Australia costed $1.99 on Prepay....

For those who have been waiting awhile for Vodafone 3G, well, it's finally here! Do share your views / thoughts!

Default Re: Vodafone 3G

Ah.Awww.I want to try it.Can i have your number?Lol

I dont think it works in palmerston north.Only works in main areas like auckland,wellington,christchurch
    Corsair Carbide Series® 500R,Intel i5 2500k,P8Z77V-Pro, 12GB DDR-1333MHZ ram, Asus DVD writer, Radeon Sapphire r9 270X 3GB , Windows 8 -64 Bit

Hmm i have a k600i and a nokia 6680.Nokia 6680 has been sent bak to nokia hk for repair but i think nz post has lost the parcel Anyway.Anyone here have a 3g mobile?
    Corsair Carbide Series® 500R,Intel i5 2500k,P8Z77V-Pro, 12GB DDR-1333MHZ ram, Asus DVD writer, Radeon Sapphire r9 270X 3GB , Windows 8 -64 Bit

[QUOTE=jesseycyFor those who have been waiting awhile for Vodafone 3G, well, it's finally here! Do share your views / thoughts![/QUOTE]

Yawn. Next. I want a cell phone to talk on not keep the telcos in BMWs..

perpetual newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jesseycy
    Not too sure how much NZ pricing/min is, but a 1min video call to Australia costed $1.99 on Prepay....

For those who have been waiting awhile for Vodafone 3G, well, it's finally here! Do share your views / thoughts!
    Vodafone's website says that video calls cost the same as you would pay for the same voice call, so depends on how you are hooked up to the network. There are coverage maps up on the vodafone site too. It looks like my house is outside coverage, by about 100 meters. Dammit.

-Qyiet

Im around 3km out?Massey Uni to city palmerston north.

perpetual newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjabear
    Im around 3km out?Massey Uni to city palmerston north.
    Does not look good for you ninjabear. Palmerston North seems to have lousy coverage.

-Qyiet

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Can somebody define their new 3G network, or give n00bs like myself a quick/brief overview of it and its cool new features?!

Ive got an iMate JAM, will I need to upgrade it any time soon to use these cool new toys?
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

You need to upgrade it NOW (or whenever you decide you NEED the new features) if you want to use the cool new features. Or you could just be like most people and realise that as long as you can make/receive a voice call and possibly send/receive texts it does all you need.

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/vlive/3g/3g.jsp

Hey, nice surprise today....

Video calling free, till the end of Oct.... Wow, haha.... I wasn't expecting that.. That's like 2 and a half months, pretty decent I reckon... And even after that, video calls cost the same...