Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why's NZ the only country

Quote Originally Posted by stu161204
    Yep there one point.

if we had better upload/download speeds then more people would use voip & that would mean less money for Telecom & Thatís all what Telecom what to do is make Money! $$$$
    Well they be getting less money from me now. I was happy with ASDL/Tolls/Line with Telecom and Paradise as my ISP but they now say I cannot have this and will have to stop using Paradise or move over.
    So I moved over and saved $13 per month.
    Probably get a better monthly limit as well as Telecoms usage meter seems 500% more than Telecoms

Telecom can still stagger the packets to cause lag and make voip less then desirble no matter what download/upload speed you pay for.

The need for uploading large amounts of data is mainly busineses,and Telecoms attitude is if they need it to do the business they do then they will pay for it,hence the way out of proportion business line rates.

The fact this also hampers the people who do it from home is Im sure of no consequence to them at all,after all if your making money from your endevers then Telecom expect their cut.
    better Dredd then dead

Quote Originally Posted by stu161204
    ( I am happy with the 2m download & the 10 GB bandwidth cap, I am just not happy with the upload speed, as I upload a lot of thing e.g. websites etc...)
    ADSL is always going to have a lower upload speed, if you want similar upload/download speeds, find a SDSL supplier
    (morganj): 0 is false and 1 is true, correct?
    (alec_eso): 1, morganj

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz
    ADSL is always going to have a lower upload speed, if you want similar upload/download speeds, find a SDSL supplier
    Noone is complaining that we don't have 2 meg upload. what they are complaining about is that the download/upload speeds are so far out of proportion on the premium plans. Most other countries with ADSL have the upload speed as roughly half the download speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz
    I could be wrong here, but I donít ** think# ** there is SDSL here in NZ & if there is it will be for businesses, not Home users

# If I am wrong here please correct me

Sort of a Computer Neird! jackyht2002's Avatar

is somebody working at Telecom out there???

i am sure on behalf of all of us in the forum somebody can ask marketing manager when will they starting to have those cheap plan and good download/upload speed for the consumers....

i can honestly, although most company their main pirority is making money, but the way telecom operated the services (especially broadband), just take all the money and provide nothing for consumers is just not on!!!

They should bring back the seperate rate for national traffic since that costs them hardly anything. They should make it like jetstreamgames was, but for all of New Zealand - fast & free. Even fast & free to anyone on the same ISP as you would be good.

Saturn cable has that, there are 2 rates one for international traffic and one for domestic. Sorry i don't know the rate however.

Long time RTS Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Greven
    They should bring back the seperate rate for national traffic since that costs them hardly anything. They should make it like jetstreamgames was, but for all of New Zealand - fast & free. Even fast & free to anyone on the same ISP as you would be good.
    Not really possible todays internet. Even if you go to a *.*.nz site, it may have links to other sites for content.
    You have no secrets on the internet.
    Be careful and vigilant. The internet should be considered like roads, avoiding an incident is better than trying to survive one.

Example from saturn cable...

International---46.67---36.46
    National-------34.11----8.13
    Equivalent-----50.08---37.27

Here is an example from my account, the figures are meg, the equilivent is the final charged amount. obviously 46 + 34 does not equal 50, so there is some differential hapening, anyone care to work it out