Default (off topic) Can I check my credit rating details online?

i recently tried to buy something via higher-purchase and was declined as apparently i have a bad credit rating through some company i have never even heard off. so I was wondering if it is possible to check my credit details online, safely? As I have run a search and most of the sites that come up look rather dodgey...
    thanks for your help!

Default Re: (off topic) Can I check my credit rating details online?

I haven't spoken to my wife for 18 months - I just don't dare to interrupt her.

Default Re: (off topic) Can I check my credit rating details online?

I suppose you realise that your query (and everyone else's also, as when a finance company inquires about you when considering your hire-purchase application) is how these bastards accumulate information on everyone they can, whether you gain any benefit from it or not. Likewise if you were daft enough to enquire of the police as to what information they hold on you. A friend tried that (according to the provisos of the legislation setting up the police data base, a sop to those concerned about police power, ha ha you sheep), and the form he had to fill out would have revealed much more information than he thought they might already have, so he didn't send it. His request would itself have been noted as well.