Default Photo Editing Programme

For some reason I find my photos are all opened by a programme I don't like. Can you please tell me how I can change them to open with a different photo editing programme such as irfanview, ot photo elements which I have installed so that my choice becomes the default for all my photos. My OS is 98SE Thanks in anticipation. willbry

Pedant and proud of it

Default Re: Photo Editing Programme

Right click on one of the files, and use the Open With option. Make sure the little box at the bottom is ticked to make the file you chose the default.

The OPEN WITH option doesn't show up in 98 by default, If i recall its done by highlighting the file with a single left click,then holding down the shift key and right clicking on the file.....
    better Dredd then dead

Quote Originally Posted by willbry
    Can you please tell me how I can change them to open with a different photo editing programme such as irfanview
    Go into Irfanview > Options > Set File Associations and tick the ones you wish to associate with Irfanview. I normally tick the "Images Only" option.

bon vivant

Maybe your problem has been solved by the other posts, but occasionally it can get a bit stubborn.

I know you have 98 and the following link refers to XP but it illustrates what can quite frequently happen to others.
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1089217471

I remember reading post on another forum by someone called "fluffy insanity" who got that way because her helpers on the forum obdurately refused to see the problem and insisted she use "open with" despite her protestations that it just didn't work. I know that couldn't possibly happen on PressF1, but just mentioning other experiences for completeness.

I had similar problem once and I think solved it by reinstalling Photoshop, which was the program I needed.

Smile Re: Photo Editing Programme

thanks to you all for your helpful answers. Problem solved. Clearly there's more than one way to skin a cat. Much appreciated
    willbry