Thread: Go Back

Default Go Back

I am about to change my OS from 98E to XP Home I currently have Go Back installed and it has got me out of trouble on numerous occaions. If I install it with XP will it conflict with System Restore ? I have heard that System Restore has limitations and as I know Goback I would prefer to use it if possible, if and when I need to.

Default Re: Go Back

Hi Wilbry. I moved from 98SE to XP Pro and the version of GOBACK I had been using with 98 would not function on my new XP. As I started to load the XP, it identified several existing programmes that it didn't like and GOBACK was in the list. Mind you, so was Works 4.5, but after loading XP, I was able to reload Works and it runs well. Odd. I've used Restore several times without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by willbry
    I am about to change my OS from 98E to XP Home I currently have Go Back installed and it has got me out of trouble on numerous occaions. If I install it with XP will it conflict with System Restore ? I have heard that System Restore has limitations and as I know Goback I would prefer to use it if possible, if and when I need to.
    Goback 4.0 is available for WinXP.
    System restore restores the SYSTEM, but not your personal stuff. Its good but not magic. Neither would GoBack be either though although I see it has an undelete feature. On the other hand its Nortons so that puts me off for a start.

Banned

Your 98 version of Goback wont work with xp.
    I agree Goback is the bizzo you can destroy your computer and all you have to do is push the reset button and hit space bar. Saved me more times I can remember. I always wondered why this program wasnt lauded so much. I suppose because it puts geeks out of work.

tedheath

Thanks Scouse, pckk and ted heath for your replies. It's clear I won't be able to use Go Back with the new OS. but it was fantastic if I had lost a document or made an irretrievable muckup. I wasn't aware that S. Restore couldn't retrieve oeronal data , but I suppose XP will have so many other advantages not the least stability. I'm always having system freezes with 98 . Anyway thanks guys.
    Cheers willbry

I have GoBack 3 on XP and it works well.
    "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." Cicero