Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VoidMaster

Default Interesting new extension for FireFox, well I think so.

Go here to get it, very useful for printing only what you require off a web page:

http://www.karmatics.com/aardvark/
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Default Re: Interesting new extension for FireFox, well I think so.

Yeah, I noticed that one today (popped up in del.icio.us/popular). It's not a new idea though, reminds me a little of Nuke Anything. A very well presented Firefox Extension though, complete with a demo even.

Shame I'm having a little problem with my current extensions and conflicts, I found a nice staple of extensions, and with updates, they don't play nicely together anymore :/

Hash Slinging Slasher

You mean they're not working with new firefox? There is a way to bypass the version checker

Quote Originally Posted by Edward
    You mean they're not working with new firefox? There is a way to bypass the version checker
    Often they are disabled due to the amount of problems they can cause with incompatible versions. I've had an old extension installed which played havoc with Firefox before I figure out what was causing this. This was before they had the installer detecting your extensions and disabling them for you

VoidMaster

tab browser preferences was the problem extension on my setup, I got rid of it and all the other problems stopped. I am just using the tab settings that come with FireFox, I had no end of problems until I realized what was causing it. I have more than 50 extensions on my set up. If you have this extension I advise disabling it to see if it makes a difference before getting rid of it.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

VoidMaster

A new extension which seems quite good for manipulating tabs can be obtained from here:

https://addons.update.mozilla.org/ex...cation=firefox

Quote Originally Posted by Edward
    Nah, the extensions got updated, and now I cant middle click bookmarks to load in bg :/ Everything is sweet otherwise.

Hi,

Colorzilla extension does something similar, but it also picks up colours from the webpage. Excellent for website design work.

Cheers

Default Greasemonkey

Another noteworthy Firefox extension is Greasemonkey.

This extension creates a platform for javascript to work off of and 'make websites better'. I'd class it as an 'advanced user' type extension, giving control to those that want it over [certain] websites.

After installing this extension, you will need to install user scripts. These are what this extension are all about. They are usually site specific, and all they do are add functionality that isn't usually there. One good example is the Google Image Relinker. With this user script installed in Greasemonkey, whenever you search with Google Images, the results returned will link directly to the source image, instead of the annoying 'middle-man' page inbetween. Some site-specific user scipts rewrite flash navigation in sites to regular text navigation, remove site-specific 'cheese' etc, etc.

Unless your a javascript wiz, your limited to the user scripts out there. The main repository for these is GreaseMonkeyUserScripts. If your going to give this a go, I recommend giving CustomizeGoogle a whirl (enable GoogleSuggest, it's kinda cool, and disable the last checkbox, you don't really want to be helpfully notified).

After installing Greasemonkey (you should be able to this at least), just find a user script that interests you from the site listed above and if the link ends in .js, just right-click the link and select the top option "Install User Script..." done!

Except for the couple of 'all site' user scripts I use (namely unembed, PostIntercepter, betterdir (them mostly disabled anyway) and linkify) I only use scripts for 4 sites really, but these scripts make it alot nicer to use these sites.

VoidMaster

After a day of using this I will stick my neck out and say this is the best tab enhancer I have found so far, beter than tabbrowser preferences and tabbrowser extensions and includes many of the features that you can only get by having other tab extensions as well:

https://addons.update.mozilla.org/ex...firefox&id=625