Page 1 of 13 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Drug trafficking in Indonesia

Don't do it.

The case of Schapelle Corby certainly has me convinced that Westerners are not very well liked in places like Indonesia. Have a look at these barbaric protesters calling for her death.

Whether or not she's innocent, this whole saga (which has supposedly captivated Australia) is just ridiculous and, dare I say it, stinks of racism.

Mixed Member

Default Re: Drug trafficking in Indonesia

All I can say is that this case is yet another example of why there should be no death penalty. Mistakes happen, whether in a drugs or murder cases and it is too late afterwards.

Talking Re: Drug trafficking in Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by manicminer

.......is just ridiculous and, dare I say it, stinks of racism.
    "ridiculous" yes
    "stinks of racism", well only a bit.... All cops prefer busting "out of towners" than the locals. Its part of every culture. Try living on our West Coast, or any rural area if you want to see the behaviour concentrated locally.

Her mistake? Getting caught! With 4Kg of pot as she went through customs as an outsider, what did she expect?
    Last edited by personthingy; 15-04-2005 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manicminer
    The case of Schapelle Corby certainly has me convinced that Westerners are not very well liked in places like Indonesia. Have a look at these barbaric protesters calling for her death.
    Remember that those blood-thirsty idiots do not represent all Indonesians though, and I am sure many, or even perhaps most, are friendly towards Westerners.

Why all the fuss. If it was a man people will say he got what he deserved.Does a woman deserve anything less? Or does equality of the sexes only apply sometimes?
    Jack GOF.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJJ
    Why all the fuss. If it was a man people will say he got what he deserved.Does a woman deserve anything less? Or does equality of the sexes only apply sometimes?
    Absolutely right. I bet if it was a bloke we wouldn't be hearing about the case at all.
    Funnily enough - she happens to be a beauty student. Now when the case first came to light, alot of people thought she was a beauty model. Then when they realised she wasn't, the interest died off all of a sudden.

Talking Re: Drug trafficking in Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJJ
    I think they do that to there own. Its not a gender or race issue, apart from the reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by personthingy

Her mistake? Getting caught! With 4Kg of pot as she went through customs as an outsider, what did she expect?
    Well - perhaps her mistake was simply going there in the first place.
    Presuming she's innocent, although I've no idea either way, is it too far-fetched for baggage to get tampered with?

I've been through Thailand when I was 18 and I remember being absolutely neurotic about keeping my bags surgically attached to me, in front of my eyes and regularly looking around to make sure no-one was following me with intent to sneak something in my bag. Maybe I was being paranoid but I would think it's common sense to be extra-cautious when going to places like these where there could be shifty people hanging around waiting to pounce on naive, looking foreigners.

I think Australia should flex its muscle.
    better Dredd then dead

Indonesia seems to have one of those arbitrary and inconsistent justice systems. A little while back they convicted a Muslim cleric for conspiracy in blowing up over 200 people in Bali, and gave him less than 2 years jail, or something ridiculous like that.