Junior Member -- my ass

Default Novell & XP Help

Heya,

Novell 5 SP2
    Novell Client 4.83 SP2 (not changing)
    Windows XP Home

How do I configure the XP machine so that it uses only one set off user information, no matter who logs onto the Novell.

or

How do I set the XP machine up, so that whoever logs in has the same setup as everyone else.

At the moment, I have to create every Novell user on the XP machine that is being installed, and then I have to setup their background and font and stuff like that. I only want to have to setup the user and they get the detail from an existing account.

Thanks in advance

Elite

Default Re: Novell & XP Help

I think that all you need do is customise the Default User profile (even with Novell).

See this ms kb

I presume that you want to allow users to custimise their profile such as adding files to the Desktop etc.

You should be able to apply Group policies from the Netware side of things to restrict control panels etc.

Default Re: Novell & XP Help

How do I configure the XP machine so that it uses only one set off user information, no matter who logs onto the Novell.
    2 supervisors accounts
    setup all software as one supervisor log off power down power up logon as second supervisor copy all of the first supervisor settings etc C:\documents and settings \<username> to documents and settings\default user ( a hidden system folder) then all new users that logon will get the default software installs and settings.

How do I set the XP machine up, so that whoever logs in has the same setup as everyone else.
    as well as above
    when you install the novell client did you do a custom install (did install "manage workstation element") this will enable the use of novell manage your workstation ie setup users (on logon) and delete on logoff (if you wish), these are known as volitle users, you can also use novell to setup user permission for user accounts on a machine at logon ie supervisor, superuser or normal user depending which group the user belongs to and which policy this group uses.

The Main thing here is novell will dynamiclly setup users for you, google novell policies, BUT you need to have enabled manage workstaion element on client install.
    Last edited by beama; 08-04-2005 at 07:25 PM.
    Trust me. I know what I'm doing.Sledge Hammer

Linux the only way to get rid of the windows boot sector virus ( Geoff Palmer , Jun 28, 2004 Tips & Help : Tux Love, PCWorld NZ)

Parkinsons NZ