Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Graphics Problems, Random triangles coming from center of my screen.

Hi
    When i have been playing battlefeild, or the sims two, a lot of random triangles of multicolour form in the center of the screen and move out in the shape of a triangle. I do not think that it is a hardware problem, my hardware is really good.
    Thanks
    Mike

Default Re: Graphics Problems, Random triangles coming from center of my screen.

hey there,
    what are the specs of your system? what os? what graphics card?

try to get the latest drivers for you graphics card

Default Re: Graphics Problems, Random triangles coming from center of my screen.

Windows XP, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.20 GHz, 1GB RAM, GeForce 6600GT 128MB... Will a new driver help?

hopefully, give it a shot. make sure they are the latest ones.

is there anything running in the background when you are playing the game?

Yes, I didnt think that having things running would matter as i have a pritty good comptuer....

Quote Originally Posted by Tribomb
    Windows XP, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.20 GHz, 1GB RAM, GeForce 6600GT 128MB... Will a new driver help?
    May be a faulty Gfx card. One or more of the pipes may have failed. You haven't tried to open up the extra pipes via RivaTuner have you?

6600gt doesn't have extra pipes to "open",that only happens when they cripple a higher end card to make a lesser model.

The 6600gt is its own design,not a crippled 6800....

Anyhow,the cards shipped with dodgy drivers that caused texture coruption in some rigs, since been corrected by newer releases. There are a couple threads on this forum relating to the situation.
    better Dredd then dead

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by Tribomb
    Hi
    When i have been playing battlefeild, or the sims two, a lot of random triangles of multicolour form in the center of the screen and move out in the shape of a triangle. I do not think that it is a hardware problem, my hardware is really good.
    Thanks
    Mike
    heh, just because your system may be a little more powerful than a few other people, doesnt mean it is resistant against hardware failure.

is the card overheating?

Padawan

have you checked out the 'alt.games.the-sims' news group? I have read about similar graphics problems and the solution there. May be worth checking out.