Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Best Sci-Fi Films You Have Seen

I think I've seen the lot, and I hunger for more. I'm beginning to think that they don't make any good ones any more. So I am holding out for Revenge of the Sith, and I hope it doesn't stink.

Anyone seen any really good ones lately? The last good one I saw was Solaris, the remake starring George Clooney (directed by Stephen Soderbergh?).

Default Re: Best Sci-Fi Films You Have Seen

I watched Solaris only a couple of nights ago, I enjoyed it but the sci-fi element was only a tool so the story could be told.

As for the best movie...Brazil was a favourite of mine for many years,but i watched it again not long and thought it was crap.....

Now if you had asked about sci-fi books i could have rattled off a 100 or so.
    better Dredd then dead

I just cheated and looked up a list of sci-fi movies,Brains too full (or small ) to retain all that i have enjoyed.

Recent movies i have enjoyed (after some prompting) are

Minority Report- I steered clear of this for a long time due to the non-actor in the starring role, After watching it i bought the DVD, Only let down was that i guessed who the killer was, and the the other twist pretty early on in the movie (when he was talkin to the old lady in the glass house)

The Matrix- great action movie,great premise,lousy lead actor,entire story fell to pieces on the second installment,never bothered to watch the 3rd.

Star Trek Nemisis, Gave up on Start Trek years ago,only watched this one by chance, pleastenly surprised.

edit.

Dark City-another one that i bought on DVD,watch it quite often
    better Dredd then dead

There can be only one.

God I watched solaris about 6 months ago.
    Way,way too cerebral.
    I'd go for Blade Runner directors cut, Matrix, Alien and Aliens, The original Terminator and Silent Running

Quote Originally Posted by Metla
    I watched Solaris only a couple of nights ago, I enjoyed it but the sci-fi element was only a tool so the story could be told.
    It worked well though. Clooney was quite good in that movie. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

As for the best movie...Brazil was a favourite of mine for many years,but i watched it again not long and thought it was crap.....
    First time I saw it I thought it was not something special. Haven't seen it since.

Minority Report
    Minority report is surprisingly good. Much better than the other Hollywood-famous author sci-fi - I, Robot.

The Matrix- great action movie,great premise,lousy lead actor,entire story fell to pieces on the second installment,never bothered to watch the 3rd.
    I hate Matrix. Makes me cringe at all those crass lines.

Star Trek Nemisis, Gave up on Start Trek years ago,only watched this one by chance, pleastenly surprised.
    Didn't like this one. Too many bald guys.

Quote Originally Posted by the highlander
    God I watched solaris about 6 months ago.
    Way,way too cerebral.
    I'd go for Blade Runner directors cut, Matrix, Alien and Aliens, The original Terminator and Silent Running
    Agreed. All the very best of sci-fi, except Matrix.

Bladerunner, Aliens, and of course every Star Wars movie. Matrix was great but could've easily been better.
    Bugger the cancer. I'm suffering from terminal inertia.

Вanned

Stargate and the many seasons that followed. Back to the Future series comes a close second, great stuff there.

The original Matrix was very good, comes in 3rd. The sequels hell no. Terminator series (is that sci-fi?) I thought was quite alright, Alien series was pretty decent, only watched them last year.

MARS ATTACKS dunno about the best but definitely one of the most enjoyable movies i've seen it's just so ridiculous but not stupidly so.......
    There are two sides to any question; MY side and the WRONG side (Winston Churchill)