Default When you feel like not being f@#$%king formal

I have had it up to the neck with my current ISP, and that requesting to speak to the manager, I still get treated the same, and just continue getting pushed aside.

It took my ISP 3 months to connect a connection in which case they told me it'd be done within 4 weeks. So I wrote a formal email, and after a few emails sent back and forth, 3 months later, I get it.

Now I get the bill, and this is where it really gets interesting, as in my emails and in the replies, I was told I would not get charged for a connection fee considering I already had it enabled, but guess what, yes, they did it again and now I have been told to pay the connection fee again, yet I had paid for it when I first got it connected and was only switching ISP.

So I sent another formal email, and yet no reply, nor am I sure what next steps I should take, since it's now coming up to my second month of my connection, so automatically I will get charged my internet service fee, without even resolving the issue I have now nor has anyone contacted me about it being late.

Another weird thing is the email to tell me what I owe, in which had to be paid 10 days from the date, was sent 8 days after, leaving me 2 days to pay the bill. I checked online and there was no bill in my finance section, since every 23rd they say they charge you. Since there wasn't any bill, I thought, (since I read in the FAQ that the charges), since being connected part way through the period were carried onto the next month. Nope, the bill came 8 days later after it was suppose to be issued, yet the date for it was set back and the payment date for it, not changed.

And since I am waiting for my reply to my email which suggested 4 working days and it's now coming up to a month, I think being formal is not going to get you heard. This has been the worse ISP I've been with and had no problems with my prior one, apart from their plans weren't suited for me when new plans were made.

All the proof I have has been kept in all my emails, I've given up speaking over the phone, as how can you use this as proof if it's not in written detail. Now why can't I see their manager!

Kame.

Theorist Mastermind

Default Re: When you feel like not being f@#$%king formal

I believe you're relating to experiences with Orcon?

I have to say from my own experience they aren't prompt on invoicing you on the 23rd or even in the week after that, but the bill I got was dated the same day I received it.

as in pull the

Kame, if you want to be taken seriously by your ISP it would be a good idea to reread what you have typed and think about what you meant to say in the letter.
    Your post here is so confusing that I find it almost impossible to understand. If it looks OK to you then perhaps you should get someone to read it over and edit it for you.
    I am sure your complaint is important to you, but unless the receiver can understand it, it will not be taken seriously and will probably get filed in bin 13.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by theother1
    Kame, if you want to be taken seriously by your ISP it would be a good idea to reread what you have typed and think about what you meant to say in the letter.
    Your post here is so confusing that I find it almost impossible to understand. If it looks OK to you then perhaps you should get someone to read it over and edit it for you.
    I am sure your complaint is important to you, but unless the receiver can understand it, it will not be taken seriously and will probably get filed in bin 13.
    Rob
    You are probably right about his confusion,at the same time the people who one has to deal with are quite often equally confused,which does not help,
    "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Kame

Now I get the bill, and this is where it really gets interesting, as in my emails and in the replies, I was told I would not get charged for a connection fee considering I already had it enabled, but guess what, yes, they did it again and now I have been told to pay the connection fee again, yet I had paid for it when I first got it connected and was only switching ISP.
    This is the bit that confuses me Kame. If you were switching ISPs you would expect to pay another connection fee to the new service provider.

How about you clarify things a bit by naming ISP #1 and ISP #2, and telling us who is sending the bill if that is somebody different again? That will make your problem easier to understand.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through my restraints!

Sorry theother1,

When I mean formal, I mean it is done in a professional way, that the understanding should be easy for anyone who does read it. It's concise, nicely worded and should have been taken seriously.

This is not how I have done with this topic on this forum and I do apologise for all grammatical errors and confusing sentences that I have re-read and think I was trying to say too much information in short sentences.

I do think about what I say in emails, but here, I just wanted to get it all out.

Just to briefly sum up what I was trying to say, and in a nice way I guess.

They were going to give me a service that they promised in 4 weeks, after the 4 weeks, I contacted them again, quoting the reference number of the email. Emails just started going backwards and forwards, it really felt like there was no end to it, and it was going no where.

3 months, and my emails started getting shorter and shorter in words, in which my last email prior to being connected, was one sentence basically asking where it was as I was losing all interest. The person sending back the email called my email and sent back an email with half a sentence, just saying the date it will happen.

So, now that it was connected, I thought all my troubles were over, even with the temporary equipment failure that had me offline for 5 hours, the fact that they never officially informed me I was connected so I could terminate my other ISP.

Things were starting to go alright for once.

Then came the bill.

One of the issues I had brought up, before signing up with them was the connection fee, in which I felt assured that there would be no charge, else if that were the case, I would have paid for the connection to be setup on a new phone number I had and disconnect it off the other line (which I too was assured no charge for disconnections).

So I sent an email enquiring about this charge, and it's coming up to next service fee and I was hoping I could resolve this problem sooner, but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I have considered paying the bill, but also been thinking serving them the same dessert I got. Although I am not like that in person, I feel like being that way to them.

Kame

He's not dealing with Paradise. They only let machines answer their email.

I didn't want to bad mouth names, but both ISPs have been mentioned in this topic strangely enough, ISP I was with currently Paradise and had no major problems with them, except their new plans that were introduced, which suggested leaving Telecom as your phone provider and going with them, nor were their plans any different from those of Xtra, so I decided to switch over to Orcon.

The connection fee is a one off cost to have DSL enabled, which when I originally had DSL enabled, you had to pay Telecom for their service, but with the introduction of UBS, ISP's now pay Telecom, while the ISP charges you for it but this is only for new connections.

This is what I wanted cleared up by my ISP, was that if signing up with them, I would not have to pay a connection fee for DSL since it was already enabled, and there answer was, yes that is correct.

Else, my alternative would have been sign up through Telecom, receive a new modem and filters and then cancel out of the contract for $100 as well as postage/packaging, in which case, I wouldn't have lost out if I had to pay the connection fee as I would still have the modem and filters.

As you could see, my option was avoid the $100 connection fee or if that weren't the case, go with another ISP and pay $100 to get out of the contract.

As far as I know, there aren't many ISPs around now that charge a joining fee, and this was no joining fee, it was for the DSL connection as stated in their invoice, which I must say, the price is even 50 cents higher than what Telecom normally charge to have it done for. Not much difference, but again, why would I go through an ISP who has nothing to do with Telecom enabling the line, I remember when I signed up with Paradise, I had to also sort out my own line being connected through Telecom.

I think Telecom have just made a mess of the situation, as we still rely on them but they've tried lessening their load by hiding behind the ISP. I am also assuming Orcon is not at fault, as I believe Telecom would have charged Orcon for this, and that's why Orcon is reflecting the bill back to me.

Either way, I want to get this resolved as soon as possible, and none of this is happening.

Kame

http://www.orcon.net.nz/products/bitstream/prices/

"$99.95 TRANSFER OF EXISTING ACCOUNT FEE

* Telecom charges these fees to complete the transfer between BitStream and JetStream on their network.
    * This fee will apply to transfers from Orcon BitStream to Telecom JetStream and from any JetStream connection to Orcon BitStream
    * Transfer fees from an Orcon JetStream service to BitStream will be waived until 30th November 2004."

If Orcon knew that you were with Paradise, it looks like someone made a mistake telling you that there wouldn't be a setup fee. Hang on to those emails :-)

I stayed wwith Paradise. But my Jetstream is provided by Telecom, just email and authentication is through Paradise. Works for me. Didn't like Paradises broadband plans but didn't want to be an Xtra customer either. So I did it this way. No fees at all.