Question Leadtec Winfast TV2000 deluxe problem

I've had the card for awhile but have only used it for capturing from a Hi8 analouge camcorder and listening to the radio. Yesterday i hooked up a tv coaxial ariel and tried to watch tv but got no reception.

I checked the settings in configure and its set to 25fps pal, the same as i use for my handycam capture.
    I let it do an auto scan for channels and it listed 7 channels(hearts with +'s in them) but none would show any picture?. All i got was the black screen with the pink "O" on it.

I do live rural but we can get channels 1, 2 & 3 on the main tv in the lounge.
    Channel 1 is best and channel 2 & 3 are abit grainy but viewable on the tv in the lounge.
    I used a joiner where the ariel comes into the lounge from the outside ariel on the roof and ran a cable from the joiner in the lounge to my bedroom(about 25 ft). The cable to my room has a joiner on it where i've had to extend it 6ft to reach the computer on the other side of my room.

Unfortunately i dont have a spare tv to test for signal strenth in my room but considering tv1 is quite good in the lounge then it should be strong enough to show a picture at my rooms end?.

Has anybody got any ideas on settings that i may of overlooked?
    Would the signal still be strong enough by the time it reaches my room?.

Computer is;
    P4 2.2ghz
    512mb ram
    80gb hd
    32mb video card
    Leadtec winfast TV2000 Deluxe + winfast PVR software

Cheers lazydog
    P/s, i have to go out but will check back in the morning.
    Last edited by lazydog; 13-03-2005 at 03:12 PM.
    Rehab's for quitters

Default Re: Leadtec Winfast TV2000 deluxe problem

in the part you scan for channels on the top right there are 2 settings 1:Area and 2:TV source . set the Area to newzealand and the tv source to (ANTENNA). that could help.

Thanks for the reply bootylicious.
    I've checked that and theyre set correctly.

Not sure if this is related to the tv problem but one thing i've noticed is that if i use the Winfast PVR software to capture footage from my Hi8 camcorder (i usually use Ulead Media studio), the file saved to my hard drive is always in a NTSC format (eg;720x480) even though i set it to capture at 720x576 PAL.
    I've sent a email to the Leadtec support but have had no reply.

Does anyone know if theres a jumper on the card that needs to be set?
    Maybe a setting i may have over looked?

I remember seeing a sticker on the Leadtec card saying "PAL" when i installed it so it must(?) be the correct version for NZ.

Cheers Lazydog.
    Rehab's for quitters

I used a joiner where the ariel comes into the lounge from the outside ariel on the roof and ran a cable from the joiner in the lounge to my bedroom
    Define what you mean by a "joiner" on the main aerial cable?

Did you use a 2 way splitter? (you can't just "join into" a TV coax cable, it must be split using a proper splitter).

Every time you use a splitter you degrade the available signal to all devices.

I had a similar prob with this Leadtek deluxe tuner card.

After so long I tried the leadtek tuner program. And the signal had died. Altho XP still detected the tuner.

I took mine back to the place of purchase and they replaced it free of charge.

I dont think u have to change any jumpers for it to switch to PAL. Well I didnt and it records fine from the program. All u haveta do, is configure the settings within the tuner program.

It sounds like your one works but getting a signal isnt gonna happen. I suggest that, if its still under warranty, take it back and get it replaced.

Altho, if u put the cam into the CVBS (if u have a spare plug to plug into this socket), and change the program to CVBS, you should get a picture from the camera.

Or if your video card has svideo and u have a plug for this, plug the cam into that and select s-video in the tuner program.

Godfather
    "Did you use a 2 way splitter? (you can't just "join into" a TV coax cable, it must be split using a proper splitter)".

I used a two way splitter and the join where i extended it was done with the proper joiner.

Speedy Gonzales; "if u put the cam into the CVBS (if u have a spare plug to plug into this socket), and change the program to CVBS, you should get a picture from the camera."

I can record video thru the leadtec card using the s/video-CVBS converter cable hooked up to my Hi8 video camera but cannot see the video thats being captured on the preview screen in the PVR sftware. Once captured, i can play it back on the PVR software and use all the pause, fastforward, rewind etc functions. Also the file thats been captured is always in 720x480 resolution.
    Rehab's for quitters