Question Difficulty with SpellBound 0.7.3 Extension for Firefox

I am having trouble getting the SpellBound 0.7.3 extension to Firefox to work.
    While I am aware that the Mozilla forum is probably the more appropriate Forum for this post, I have in fact posted it on that forum but have received no replies.
    I seem to have installed it without problem and the extension does appear in my 'Extensions management' box.
    I also downloaded what I presume is the appropriate spell check libraries for windows.
    However nothing seems to be working, certainly when I right click in a box in which I wish to do a spell check I don't get the option to do this.
    If I press the 'Options' button in the "Extensions Management' Dialogue Box I get the message: Unable to setup the SpellChecker! Possible solution: Reinstall the SpellBound libraries.
    I have tried to reinstall the Libraries for Windows (that have been repackaged from the Thunderbird 1.0 release) with no improvement.
    I would appreciate any help since my spelling needs all the help it can get. (this above has been spell checked in another program and then pasted in!)

Default Re: Difficulty with SpellBound 0.7.3 Extension for Firefox

Try Here
    HTH

Overdrive_5000

I guess I'm being a bit thick but I have previously carefully read the pages that you suggest and I still don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    I downloaded the extension and then downloaded the dictionary for windows.
    As I said above it still doesn't work and I get a message 'unable to set up spellchecker'
    Obviously I'm not doing something right ...but what.

Seymour,

I have installed with no problem and use it a lot in our website forms. From memory you have to allow program/extension installs in firefox go: edit> preferences> software install, tick 'allow software installation' box.

I am using Spellbound 0.7.1, so maybe you could try downloading that version if all else fails.
    The best buzz is a short, sharp shock

Quote Originally Posted by Shortcircuit
    Seymour,

I have installed with no problem and use it a lot in our website forms. From memory you have to allow program/extension installs in firefox go: edit> preferences> software install, tick 'allow software installation' box.

I am using Spellbound 0.7.1, so maybe you could try downloading that version if all else fails.
    Shortcircuit:

I'm really not sure what you mean.
    I have no preferences in the edit menu.
    In fact the only settings or options that I can alter or access are in the tools drop down menu.

Also I seem to be able to install extensions anyway since I have successfully installed the 'googlebar' and the 'Autofill' extensions and they work perfectly.

Also when I access the extensions manager dialogue box in the
    Tools drop down menu, the Spellbound extension IS listed but when I press the Options button in the extensions box I get the message that SpellChecker was not able to be setup! But it doesn't say why.
    I suspect I'm missing something really simple.

When I installed Spellbound originally, I followed up by installing the 'Windows spell check libraries ( that have been repackaged from the Thunderbird 1.0 release ).

Is this correct?

I would really appreciate simple directions since this is all very confusing to me but as my spelling is so poor, it would be a tremendous help if I could get it to work!

I just installed that extension I first : Dowloaded the extension, restarted firefox downloaded the spell check libraries then restarted firefox, then dowloaded the Nz english dictionaries then restarted firefox and all was well works good.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive_5000
    I just installed that extension I first : Dowloaded the extension, restarted firefox downloaded the spell check libraries then restarted firefox, then dowloaded the Nz english dictionaries then restarted firefox and all was well works good.
    Overdrive_5000

Where did you find the NZ English dictionaries.
    On the installation page that I have there is only the SpellBound extension and the libraries for Windows , Linux, Mac OS X etc.
    I saw nothing about NZ English Dictionaries.
    Could you please point me to that page.
    Many thanks for your help.

Thumbs up Re: Difficulty with SpellBound 0.7.3 Extension for Firefox

Overdrive_5000

Please disregard my last post.
    I did manage to find the page of dictionaries and followed the routine that you suggested and I finally managed to get it to work properly.
    Thanks very much for your help.