Default Outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 Address book

I just purchased a new computer. I wanted to transfer my e-mails and address book from the old computer to the new one. The old computer was Outlook 2002 the new one Outlook 2003. I successfully transferred the e-mails (well I now have three sets of personal folders on my new computer
    , but they are all the same so I suppose that's all right.) I thought I had transfered the address book but the data is in contacts and the address book will not open with the comment - The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help -, Help does not help.

Restore did not work as it leaves e-mails intact and does not fix the address book. I have not tried the Vaio restore option yet as that indicates that you need discs of the Microsft software to resore these programs. My software was pre-installed and I was not given any discs.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can A: Delete the extra personal folders and B: reinstate my address book so I can access it for sending e-mails. an C: delete the contact file after loading the info into address book.

A little bit crazy

Default Re: Outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 Address book

Outlook help does actually tell you exactly how to fix all this (as I had to do it just a few weeks ago, and followed the Outlook help steps). Try having another look through help (try different searches), and if you can't figure it out I'll try to help more tomorrow - I don't have time to look just now (and I can't remember off the top of my head).

Good luck!

M.
    I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid...

Dear Midalvo:

Thanks for your prompt response. I have tried the help option without success. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide.

The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them. - Orson Scott Card (1951- ),

A little bit crazy

Try following the instructions here and here.

M.
    I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid...