Default Using a laptop in motel?

If you tried hooking up your laptop, whilst staying in a motel. Would you be billed, for any phone calls? As I have an account with unlimited access would that take care of any charges.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Default Re: Using a laptop in motel?

Greetings Micky,
    Welcome to PressF1

I'd say it would pay to check with the Motel Reception about their policies on that.

They may offer free ADSL internet access, which means you can use the likes of Skype. You may be billed if the access isnt a local call.

Better to check in at each hotel than end up with a massive bill at the end of your stay!

Cheers

Chill.
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Ask the motel. They all seem to have different rules.

Well said.

Just out of curiousoity -doesn't beetle run a motel. If so, what are your policies on this beetle?

I've stayed in a lot of motels, and generally, if you're going to use the phone, even for a local or 0867 call to dial out, they'll charge you between 15 and 30 cents a minute for the privledge. Some of them also will only have 2 or 3 'out' lines that can be used at any one time, so it pays to check.

Oh, and beware of places offering in room DSL access, most of them charge a connection fee, which can be upwards of $10 plus a charge of $10/MB or so.

Generally you're better off going to a net cafe and asking if you can hook yer laptop up there.