Thread: printing hassle

Default printing hassle

okey dokey, I've got a problem.

bad week with me and technology, I tell you.. first the hard drives on my old computer burn out, wiping all my HSC work =( needed a whole new computer (which is good, I guess )

then my scanner wouldn't install, had to fiddle with expanding files and what not off the XP disc..

then my printer wouldn't install.. it's an Epson Stylus C41UX.. had to expand more files, it seems to have installed fine now.

BUT

whenever I try to print, the paper won't scroll through. the printer seems to be doing everything else just fine, it's putting out ink but the paper won't scroll through. It brings it down into place to go through the printer, but then nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Ifindoubtgiveitaclout

Default Re: printing hassle

Try the paper feed button & if it works try to print a test page. Or switch the printer off & disconnect it from the computer, leave it for a minute & re-connect. That sorts out funny quirks sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B
    Try the paper feed button & if it works try to print a test page. Or switch the printer off & disconnect it from the computer, leave it for a minute & re-connect. That sorts out funny quirks sometimes.
    thanks for the suggestion =) though I tried your advice, and it didn't work..

Hi.
    This sounds like a paper pick-up problem. I'm not familiar with your model (nor it's mechanics) but replacing the separation pad and pickup roller usually fixes this problem with other types of printers. If you give the page a helping hand (i.e. help push it through when it looks like it should be taking the paper) and it feeds it all of the rest of the way through on it's own then it is the pickup mechanism <- sorry for being vague but as I said I'm not familiar with the model.

If after giving the page a helping hand, it stays in the same place without moving (and the printer is printing over the same line continuously) then the problem could be with the gear train - either a cog or wheel is broken somewhere. Either way it sounds like it needs a service and I suspect the problem is mechanical rather than logical.

Sorry for the vague answer.

Andrew