Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: male pattern baldness...

Hair is overrated.

Tried it, didnt like it, been bald for 12 years.

I wish the bloody thing would stop growing as it would save me a fortune in razor blades.

It's always the way isn't it, those without it - want it. Those with it - dont.

Unfortunately my son has also inherited my "haircut" he is a 110KG front rower but he doesn't seem to get too many wiseguys, I wonder why?
    I am in this size range which would explain why I have never ever had anyone make fun of me (to my face anyway) about my lack of hair and on the plus side, chicks just want to rub it.......... yes a conversation starter so keep it smooth and be bald and proud.

When we were kids, we used to tease Dad, but he has had his revenge. I am now watching it happen to my son as well - THERE IS NO ESCAPE!

I want to support those who say that a number one or shaving is the way to go. I have a friend who has done the number one thing, and he looks great IMHO. However, SWMBO has put her foot down about me doing the same thing. I think she is still living in the halcyon days when I won a "Beatles Lookalike" competition. Perhaps a number one would be too damaging to that fantasy...

I have heaps of hair around the back and sides - it has to be thinned each time I get a hair cut, which seems ironic and unfair. On top there are sparsely distributed hairs that stick straight up, or at 30 degrees, or 45 degrees, or whatever... but they never lie down or all go the same way. Sigh. I do my own number one for those undignified reminders of what I have lost, and this seems acceptable to Her Indoors...

Go for a shave or a number one rather than the expensive and sometimes painful and risky restoration regimes! The worst that can happen is that you or yours won't like it, but it will grow back!

Gruntled

All mine fell out about 18 months ago (all body hair as well - the lot !!). A dermatologist said that if it has decided to do that, no-one can do anything about it. So I lived with it, and almost decided to change my log-in name to Baldy something.
    But in September last it started to come back, and I ended up with 1.5 cm of good stuff, and shaving every second day ! But mid-Dec it started to go again, and now I am again a baldy. But I do believe I have faint signs of a fuzz appearing, so ever hopeful ...
    Cheers Tony

Theorist Mastermind

Being content that you are bald is one thing, but resorting to the use of violence when faced by less understanding people shows that you are no better than them.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF
    All mine fell out about 18 months ago (all body hair as well - the lot !!). A dermatologist said that if it has decided to do that, no-one can do anything about it. So I lived with it, and almost decided to change my log-in name to Baldy something.
    But in September last it started to come back, and I ended up with 1.5 cm of good stuff, and shaving every second day ! But mid-Dec it started to go again, and now I am again a baldy. But I do believe I have faint signs of a fuzz appearing, so ever hopeful ...
    Cheers Tony
    the lot? as in even your eyes brows?

Gruntled

Quote Originally Posted by Prescott
    the lot? as in even your eyes brows?
    Worse !!!! I am sleek like a seal ....
    Now if I get some regrowth, maybe a Brazilian ....

Cheers Tony.

scary........ im certianly not loosing hair at 16...............yet

Charlier Member

thanks guys this has been very informative and umm interesting, my friends keep saying to me i have a receding hair line (i think my forehead is getting bigger) so yea was lookin into some treatments but now i think a no 1 all round looks just fine ..

Quote Originally Posted by jackrulz
    ...my friends keep saying to me i have a receding hair line (i think my forehead is getting bigger) ... ..
    Your hair line is not receding; it is an optical illusion - your brain is just getting bigger! Wisdom rulz...

For myself I have to get my hair thinned,could I suggest you chaps stop putting "round up" in your brylcreem
    "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." Cicero