Thread: Like Glue

Default Like Glue

I've a big problem, people. Hope someone would be able to give me a clue. My OS is Win XP Home.

I downloaded eTrust ezArmour Antivirus from its website a couple of months ago as found out from Microsoft's website.

It gave me a registration number. When I started to register, it began to tell me that it was a wrong number, when I had been virtually copying it and pasting it on to the box and clicking OK!

Then it was history! I don't have it in the system as I deleted the original downloaded file from the C Drive.

Now on the desktop has an icon that will pop up when the pC is truned on & will show:"unable to load licence key validation library".

Also, I still have a folder in the Programme Files with name;CA. I honestly don't know what is that as I did not give that name. I tried several times to get rid of that folder. It never goes out but will bring up a message saying: "cannot delete ArcLib.dll. Access is denied."

How do I go about fixing this problem? Couldsomeone tell me how?

Default Re: Like Glue

go to run/start and type msconfig. Go to the startup tab. See if any entry there is pointing to the folder for that program. Untick it, then reboot.

Or go to start/run and type regedit. Then go here

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run

Find the entry for that program, highlight it delete it. Reboot.

And also here

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run

Do the same thing and reboot.

The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them. - Orson Scott Card (1951- ),

Thanks Speedy & Johnboy. Great helpers! I wish you both a happy & prosperous New Year. God Bless you!

Cheers
    mukesh