Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jetstream

suerobyoung

Default Jetstream

I have recently purchase Jetstream and are having problems connecting it up despite trying to get Telecom to help so far I have had no luck. Both the ethernet and USB conections draw the same result. The message is "Unable to connect to your modem . Check that the modem is turned on and that all cables are securely plugged in. If you are still having problems refer to the troubleshooting guide for further assistance." None of the solutions in the guide work and telecom have suggested I need to install some new software for the network card. Any clues???

Rob

KatiMike

Default Re: Jetstream

Couple of thoughts ... ethernet connection is thought to be better than USB , are you sure the ethernet controller in your computer is ok / has correct drivers etc ? I presume you have an external router , have you double checked its setup / settings ? Can Telecon confirn they can see the router [ I think they refer to it as "standing up" - may well be wrong..] - can you use dial-up?? Good luck

KatiMike

confirm , damn it , confirm ... *** edit

Murray P

What version of windows?

Go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager (assuming win2k or XP or System Device Manager for win 9x) and look for your Network Adapter, are there any yellow exclamation marks or red circle with a diagonal slash?

Have you set up your network? If not or you think the setting could be wrong do this:
    Control Panel > Network & Dialup Connections > Properties TCP/IP Adapter there? if yes highlight it then click the properties button. In there either choose DHCP or manually set up you network adapter (my pref) by putting the same IP address as that for your ADSL router in the gateway box, usualy something like 192.168.1.0 then put an IP in for your netwrok adapter like 192.168.1.1, then enter the subnet 225.225.225.0 then your ISP's DNS server, paradises is 203.96.152.4 and 203.96.152.12 OK your way out and try it.

BTW, what brand and model is the modem/router, is it the Telecom supplied one?

suerobyoung

Thanks for the reply. Not sure re ethernet controller- how do you check this? yes we have an external modem courtesy of the telecom deal. Have been thru the install process for this a few times and it seems to be OK. Can use dial up but cant use Outlook anymore - only web mail.

cheers
    Rob

suerobyoung

Thanks for the reply - will give all that a go soon. The modem is the tele one - DSL 302G.

cheers
    Rob

Murray P

Hmm, apparently the Telecom instructions for seting up the D-link routers are pretty ordinary, according to a couple of poster's here anyway.

Growly

I'm a D-Link fan and all, but that modem took me a good three days to run. Firstly the line wasn't good enough for it, then the USB just did NOT work, and finally the thing packed a hissy fit and spat at me.

In short, make sure everything's as perfect as it can be - which lights on the front of the modem light up?

suerobyoung

all the lights light up and stay on

Murray P

Not sure about the D-link, but usually 3 should light up, power, LAN and ADSL. If you've got more than that, one will be diagnostic, and sometimes another which I have no idea about. You sure Telecom has enabled the service?