Murray P

Default Notice anything strange?

No it's not one of beetle's little horror shows, have a look at this from MS's New Search Engine.

Can you spot the thing that would get someone fired?

Murray P

somebody

Default Re: Notice anything strange?

What I don't see is how Microsoft is getting away with blatantly copying Google's search layout.

Pete O\'Neil

Is it the fact that the person doing the search is from redmond? (home of Microsoft) Thus there doing a search for a competitors product?

somebody

I'm quite surprised Microsoft accept competitors to IE as sponsors...

Murray P

You git it Pete. It's a Search Near Me though, Oslo should be a little out of it's reach

pulling hair out

Huh?
    >> You git it Pete. It's a Search Near Me though, Oslo should be a little out of it's reach

opera is also about musical productions, and from what I saw, the hits were to do about that. Sorry to be a pain in the a**e, but couldn't resist.
    Cheers Marg.

PS. Tried looking for the Oslo connection. Where is it?

Murray P

Marg, it was a Search Near Me, ie, near Seattle, Washington State US of A which, funnily enough, is nowhere near Oslo the home of the net's Opera.

So yes, either this employee was searching for a night out at the theater or, can't figure out that everything does not revolve around a certain state in a certain country or, it's a lousy search engine

Another possibility is that it is the same person who issued a press releases of the new MSN Search which showed Firefox not IE in a screenshot.

Just a beat up, nothing too serious is implied, but with all the rumblings coming out of Redmond recently it's not too hard to figure a little fun is to be had when these things happen

flotus

So, somebody in Seattle searches the 'net for 'Opera' nearby and you consider that odd?

I would have thought that entertainment was one of the main reasons you'd want to search locally. After all, if the search was for another browser you'd want a more global search simply because it doesn't matter where it comes from.

I think M$ have enough faults without inventing new ones that only exist in peoples minds.

Graham L

That is just a press release.

I have just entered "opera" to the MSN search. The first link is to NZ opera.

The second link is to "the fastest browser on earth". Fair enough.

I wondered why the MS Seattle example didn't mention the browser, except in a sponsored link which says that IE is better.

Murray P

Oh boy! see my post 2 up, don't be such sensitive souls. I'm sure MS can look after themselves. Why so defensive or did you just miss the point.

Yeah ok, I shoulda put OT in the topic, slap slap slap I now feel sufficiently chastised