sarum

Default FireFox downloaded but no net

I've downloaded Firefox from August CD but got the message "www.forefox.org could not be found". So on IE I dialed them and downloaded from there and get the same message on their buttons 'Help' 'Support' & 'FAQ'. When off line I can press one of these buttons and automatically it connects to the 'net but then says '...could not be found'. Same thing happens if Firefox is default or no. Can anyone help please

pulling hair out

Default Re: FireFox downloaded but no net

Hi Sarum
    I've been getting a lot of those "...... could not be found" episodes ever since I downloaded v0.10.1PR. Not happy with this version at all. Mozilla have probably done a "Microsoft" on us so we are being used as guinea pigs to sort out bugs in the latest trial Firefox before it becomes the final one in November.

I only downloaded the PR version when there was a security concern and they recommended it. Try downloading the v0.9.3 plus check out if it needed a security patch and download that as well. If it runs smoothly and doesn''t get the same problem you have at the moment, stick to it until the final version comes out.

Have a look at this Secunia notice re: less critical issues for firefox and other Mozilla products
    Quote: Meanwhile, Secunia also said there are less critical bugs in Mozilla Firefox - the advice can be found here and relates to tabbed browsing capabilities. Similar problems have been found in Netscape 7.2, in Avant, and in Konqueror, as well as Opera, Maxthon and Safari. " end quote.

See this Here

Others might know more about what is going on.
    Marg.

segfault

> Not happy with this version at all. Mozilla have
    > probably done a "Microsoft" on us so we are being
    > used as guinea pigs to sort out bugs in the latest
    > trial Firefox before it becomes the final one in
    > November.

*Newsflash* - They've been doing that ever since Firefox first came out. Thats the whole point of it having pre-1.0 version numbers. It's still *beta* software.

I suggest popping over here and asking if anyone else has this problem. There are a few firefox bigwigs over there that might know whats going on.

Spacemannz

Err forefox.org isnt the site for Firefox. that might be why. Its from www.mozilla.org. Thats why it says the page cant be found.

sarum

Thanks for all your replies; I'll try the final version next month as suggested
    Thanks again