Goose

Default Speed EX-2 MP3 Player

I have just purchased a Speed EX-2 MP3 Player and when I plug it into my usb port on my PC it comes up with new hardware found mass storage device then the computer hangs, when control alt delete is actioned a new hardware not responding comes up, after that the whole computer freezes I'm running with windows 98se and I have the correct driver on disk that came with the player but I don't get a chance to load it as the PC freezes can anyone please help me?

the highlander

Default Re: Speed EX-2 MP3 Player

quite a few usb flash drives and mp3 drives are coming out with very slack win 98 drivers, sort of like an afterthought for those still using 98
    Try the drive on a Win me, 2000, Xp or linux comp without any drivers and see if the problem persists. At least you'll know if its working or not.
    IF it is try checking out the manufacturers website FAQ, this could be a common problem, perhaps updated drivers are available.
    I have come across several usb flash drives that simply will not work or are downright dodgy on 98 but are quite happy on modern os.

Goose

I have tried that but with no success, I have winxp pro on my notebook and the mp3 player works great on that its only when I plug it into my desktop which has Win98 then the whole bloody system freezes I then have to control alt delete and cancel the not responding message.

Graham L

Try loading the driver, then plugging the MP3 toy in.

The last two USB devices I have installed wanted the driver loaded first.

agent

> Try loading the driver, then plugging the MP3 toy in.

I second that, the instructions for my USB thumbdrive say to do this.

I've also got a Speed Ex MP3 player (not sure if it's Ex-2), but I've only ever plugged that into XP, so can't comment.