Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lisamarieo1

Default Windows script error pleaseee help "urgent"

ok i just downloded a program called goodbytes its a recipe program from www.nestle.com.au, anyway your supposed to be able to save recipes from the website and insert them into the program you have installed on your computer.

I have installed the program no problems however the recipes i have taken from the web site wont go into the program, i got 2 to go in by fluke but the others wont i just keep getting an error which is the following

Titled "Windoes Script Host"
    Script:c:\documents and settings\owner\desktop\2004102252628_20545.vbs
    Line: 258
    Error: untermintated string constant
    code: 800A0409
    Sourse: Microsoft VBScript complitation error
    then it has an "ok" button below.

can anyone please help me to get rid of this error box and get the recipes to load right into the program.

please email me at
    lisa_merv@xtra.co.nz

thanks heaps in advance

parry

Default Re: Windows script error pleaseee help "urgent"

Hi Lisa you are best to contact Nestle as they wrote the code. Im surprised they are using a VBscript but you can paste the code here and someone may be able to see the problem. Right click the vbs file on your desktop and select Edit. The error says line 258 so you have a bit of counting to do and you would need to include lines that are blank. Perhaps also copy a few lines above as the preceding code often has relevance.

hth

lisamarieo1

hey i went in as post above said and it seemed to fix that error but it came up with another one, it says line 230 , char: 2, error "expected end" code 800a03f6

i have copied the line and a few others the line that it mentions is the line # 15 - ors.close.

if anyone can help would really appreciate it, thanks

Set oRs = oConn.Execute("selIngredientIdentity 'NESTLÉ Dark CHOC BITS'")
    If oRs.EOF Then
    lIngredientID = 0
    Else
    lIngredientID = oRs("iID")
    End If
    oRs.Close
    Set oRs = Nothing
    If Err.Number <> 0 Then Exit Function
    If lIngredientID = 0 Then
    oConn.Execute "INSERT INTO Ingredient(iName) SELECT 'NESTLÉ Dark CHOC BITS'"

Set oRs = oConn.Execute("selIngredientIdentity 'NESTLÉ Dark CHOC BITS'")
    lIngredientID = oRs("iID")
    oRs.Close
    Set oRs = Nothing
    End If
    oConn.Execute "INSERT INTO Recipe_Ingredient(rID, iID, r_iQuantity, msID, r_iPreparation, r_iOrder) SELECT " & lRecipeID & ", " & lIngredientID & ", '1/2', 5, '', 8"

45South

Do you run any Nortons products?

lisamarieo1

heya yep i have nortons system works and nortons firewall. why?

45South

Basically the program is poorly written
    I downloaded the proggy & a couple of recipies
    The installation froze & crashed my XP Pro machine (not impressed)
    Tried again & it installed ok
    When clicking the "visit nestle.com.au" button on the main program screen I get a Runtime error & the programs quits. (not impressed again)
    The recipe downloads are .vbs scripts (not a good idea)
    The recipies I downloaded installed ok
    If you have Nortons installed it might be blocking the running of.vbs have a hunt around in the options & turn it off, then on again when the recipie has installed.
    You may have to reboot for it to take effect

lisamarieo1

ok i tried the above sugestions, and have even emailed them twice no replys, i went into norton antivirus and the scripting thing was ticked so i un ticked it and rebooted but it sill doesnt work .

anymore sugestions?
    thanks again

parry

I cant see anything wrong with the code although they seem to be doing this a round-about way. They seem to be using a database as theres SQL select queries. Im wondering if some particular character you entered in the last recipie is upsetting it? No fault of yours as there should be rules preventing invalid characters but perhaps thats why theres problems.

If you are able to open it try and delete the last recipie you entered. If not, then you may have to delete records directly from the database and God only knows how they organised that. Your best to wait until you get a reply from them.

Dolby Digital

Did you "Submit a support request" - I know you said you emailed them. They are probably ignoring you cos it's an Aussie site

lisamarieo1

heya, whats a support request? i clicked on the contact us link and it came up with an email box so i put it in there? perhaps is anyone here is an aussie they could ask for me? lol, i have another new comptuer here fresh from the factory lol so i downloaded the recipe prog again last night im gonna try and import the recipes again fresh see if it works or not if it does im lost on how to get it on here lol. thanks heaps for all sugestions.