Thread: Wired Country

Term_X

Default Wired Country

Just had wired country phone and internet installed last week and seems to be fine although noticed sometimes the phone can drop out for a little while now and then which is annoying, called the ihug helpdesk (its through ihug) and they suggested just unplugging the power supply for a few seconds to make it reconnect. which did fix it at that time and then today same thing. the phone signal dropped out and i unplugged the power again, but didnt work as quickly... though came back on eventually an hour later.. so guessing its to do with the transmission. im in hamilton and its windy today so im guessing thats the reason?.. dont think theres any line of sight issues or i wouldnt have any signal full stop.

Other wired country user's please share your experiences!

cheers :-)

Term X

IanS

Default Re: Wired Country

I am using Wired Country for internet only in Pukekohe. I am finding it less than 100% reliable. It is good when it goes properly. It goes OK for a while but then it seems to fade away and conk out. The wired country bods get it going again and it is OK until next time! It was off for several hours yesterday afternoon. I do not know what the answer is but they need to get more reliability into it. I will not consider having the phone through it as, even if it was 100% reliable, it still depends on the power staying on. Power could be off in any major emergency. The Telecom phone system is 100% reliable here and my phone does not need the power to be on so I am sticking with Telecom for now.

Dave

I have been using Wired Country for internet use for quite a few months now, when I first joined, I had many problems, but for the last 4 or 5 months the service has been great. No problems about 99% of the time. I connect thru "The Packing Shed" in Pukekohe (they are based in Waiuku).

Term_X

thanks guys for the help. just tryna develop an overall picture of how the service is going for users of this service... today evrythings great.. speed is tops and the phone is goin great.

pls more feedback from wired country users.. particularly those in hamilton!

cheers

Term X

manicminer

Was thinking about getting this but browsing around, there doesn't seem to be any great deals going on.
    For a reasonable amount of data (at least 10 - 20 GB) you pay an arm and a leg. I found only one true flatrate plan, and that was only at 256k.

I can only assume they don't plan to flood the market too soon and are trying to make the most with a limited customer base. Not enough to lure me away from Telecom's measly offerings at this point in time.

Having said that, I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has made the switch and what they think.

Term_X

after having the service now for a month. im very happy now with the service i have both phone and internet with wired country and no regrets :-).i think the 1mbit service with wired country which is what im on now is about the same as the 256k plans floating around? the reason i switched was after reading juha saarinans article in pc world called "broadband 3" and where he rated the services for cost etc.. so i switched and yeps.. all good :-)

Term X

manicminer

which isp are you with?

Term_X

ihug 1000k combo.. combined phone and internet plan $99 per month 10 gig intl data and unlimited national , i only download international if i have to but most of my downloading is done national so for me its a damn good deal including phone

:-)